naming reactions on DAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drpepper47

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm taking some crack science orgo questions and I was wondering if we had to know the reagents and substrates that fall under the name of the reaction. Let's say like....which of the following choices show the following reagents needed for a wolf kischer reaction?
Would we have a question like that on the dat? thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I don't recall any such questions on my DAT. :) I just took it a few days ago, on May 27th.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm taking some crack science orgo questions and I was wondering if we had to know the reagents and substrates that fall under the name of the reaction. Let's say like....which of the following choices show the following reagents needed for a wolf kischer reaction?

no but they do ask which of this reaction will yield the desired product

Yes you can have these kind of questions in which reagents are very important to carry out the reaction.

I took the DAT twice. First time, I had couple of questions asking about the reagents. Second time, I didn't have anything like that. What this really means is that you're better off learning everything that is involved in a reacftion ranging from the reactants, to reagents and products.