nano med

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

sunshinesunny

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi
I am Taimur Abbas from pakistan. I have done BBA 3.6 CGP and MBA CGPA 2.97 (75.30%) from Comsats Institute of information technology. I am interested in the use of nanotechnology, math, science and engineering in medicine to enhance human potential. This may sound a bit futuristic but is there an engineering/tech approach to medicine to improve humans physically and mentally?
 
Hi there, I have the same interest and have looked a bit into this. There has been quite a bit of journal papers in the past few years on the topic particularly with stem cells, cancer research, etc. I do not know if it has disseminated into actual practice but if you have access to a database of papers, do a search. The reading is very interesting and with an engineering background, I would love to get into this in the future. Keep in mind as you read, it seems to have a "buzzword" type of appeal and there are a ton of papers that are only marginally nano anything but throw the word around liberally.

Also, I see you have been a member for a while, usually I would suggest not putting your real name or anything in a post if you are a new user but I suppose you feel it is ok 🙂
 
So far, it's been all hype. Personalized medicine seems to be the hottest approach to actually doing something useful for patients.


Hi
I am Taimur Abbas from pakistan. I have done BBA 3.6 CGP and MBA CGPA 2.97 (75.30%) from Comsats Institute of information technology. I am interested in the use of nanotechnology, math, science and engineering in medicine to enhance human potential. This may sound a bit futuristic but is there an engineering/tech approach to medicine to improve humans physically and mentally?