Nanomedicine

Started by Dral
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Dral

Full Member
Staff member
Volunteer Staff
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm starting to think about what my career research interests may involve, and I'm becoming more interested in nanomedicine. I haven't found too much online. I asked my advisor if he knows of anyone at my institution working in that field and he said he didn't.

I've also looked at some sites of other institutions and haven't found that much. Do any of you know of Pathologists or other faculty members who are involved in this type of work?

It's not something I'm too worried about now as I plan to get involved in something soon where I can continue my molecular biology education, but I'd like to tailor that to something that can possibly seque into nanomedicine eventually. For instance, I know I'd probably need to learn a bit about lab proteomics which I'm currently weak on.
 
the premier site right now where research is being conducted is at oak ridge...you may remember it from history as a site for the manhattan project...its got a brand new state of the art nanobio building funded by the nih and dod

michigan is just a place where there are kids playing with matches
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't really know anything about it other than there is always a lot of publicity about it and there are some very smart people with lots of research $$ there.