Naplex March 2017 experience

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cvspharmkid

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Delight yourself also in the LORD and He shall give you the desires of your heart. Psalms 37: 4 (NKJV). Just so you know, recently I was in the same position as many of you on this forum who were reading various posts from different individuals and thinking about retaking the naplex and the new format. For all those who are worrying about the new naplex, I would advice you to stop worrying and pray to GOD for wisdom, knowledge, understanding and favor and He will answer you. Stop wasting time worrying about it just do the 3 P's-PREPARE, be POSITIVE and PRAY. If you waste 15-30 mins daily worrying about the new format, that is 105-210 mins you waste the entire week. This time could have been used to review your flashcards and the qts you missed on quiz bank, do a few calculations or biostatistics.

The new format is just like everyone on here has already stated, the questions are all case format even some of the calculation questions are based on an order similar to the orders in the hospital settings to calc drip rate, anticoagulant dose etc. YOU MUST look at the pts ALLERY PROFILE and LABS before you choose your answers, and please TAKE YOUR two 10 mins break in order to give your brain a break.

The first time I took the naplex was in Aug 2016 the old format and I missed it by 4 points. The only resource I used that time was just scanning through rxprep, watching a few vids and doing some of the quizzes in the test bank. (Don't make that mistake, I did)

I was really busy after that because I migrated to a new city and took a while to settle down in a new complex, new city, new county etc. and then I had a family situation and had to break the lease 6 months early in December, and move again to another city. (challenges, obstacles) Started a new job in January and made reservation to take the exam in March, but did serious studying officially in late February and passed with flying colors. I am officially licensed and to GOD be the glory, praise and honor because recently I was just reading and congratulating others when I read their posts and saw their success on this forum. So now I want to be a blessing to someone else, because GOD has bless others and they in turn blesses us with their experiences and recommendations, so do not give up, study smartly, have faith and trust GOD.

On 2nd attempt I used rxprep did ALL the quizzes once and made flashcards for qts I missed, I used accessedpharmacy Lange pharmacotherapy flashcards to be more acquainted with case type qts, and I also used a review that was posted on here by Tmir and david05, I also searched quizlet and used these profiles blue7777 | Quizlet and https://quizlet.com/class/389807.

First of all, thanks be to the most high GOD who creates the heavens and the earth and gives wisdom and favor. Then thanks to all the SDN family who GOD uses by allowing them to post their experiences and encouragements, the names too numerous to mention, but you all know yourselves. For those who have to retake any sections just study, pray, have faith and trust GOD and He will bless you in due time.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
Delight yourself also in the LORD and He shall give you the desires of your heart. Psalms 37: 4 (NKJV). Just so you know, recently I was in the same position as many of you on this forum who were reading various posts from different individuals and thinking about retaking the naplex and the new format. For all those who are worrying about the new naplex, I would advice you to stop worrying and pray to GOD for wisdom, knowledge, understanding and favor and He will answer you. Stop wasting time worrying about it just do the 3 P's-PREPARE, be POSITIVE and PRAY. If you waste 15-30 mins daily worrying about the new format, that is 105-210 mins you waste the entire week. This time could have been used to review your flashcards and the qts you missed on quiz bank, do a few calculations or biostatistics.

The new format is just like everyone on here has already stated, the questions are all case format even some of the calculation questions are based on an order similar to the orders in the hospital settings to calc drip rate, anticoagulant dose etc. YOU MUST look at the pts ALLERY PROFILE and LABS before you choose your answers, and please TAKE YOUR two 10 mins break in order to give your brain a break.

The first time I took the naplex was in Aug 2016 the old format and I missed it by 4 points. The only resource I used that time was just scanning through rxprep, watching a few vids and doing some of the quizzes in the test bank. (Don't make that mistake, I did)

I was really busy after that because I migrated to a new city and took a while to settle down in a new complex, new city, new county etc. and then I had a family situation and had to break the lease 6 months early in December, and move again to another city. (challenges, obstacles) Started a new job in January and made reservation to take the exam in March, but did serious studying officially in late February and passed with flying colors. I am officially licensed and to GOD be the glory, praise and honor because recently I was just reading and congratulating others when I read their posts and saw their success on this forum. So now I want to be a blessing to someone else, because GOD has bless others and they in turn blesses us with their experiences and recommendations, so do not give up, study smartly, have faith and trust GOD.

On 2nd attempt I used rxprep did ALL the quizzes once and made flashcards for qts I missed, I used accessedpharmacy Lange pharmacotherapy flashcards to be more acquainted with case type qts, and I also used a review that was posted on here by Tmir and david05, I also searched quizlet and used these profiles blue7777 | Quizlet and https://quizlet.com/class/389807.

First of all, thanks be to the most high GOD who creates the heavens and the earth and gives wisdom and favor. Then thanks to all the SDN family who GOD uses by allowing them to post their experiences and encouragements, the names too numerous to mention, but you all know yourselves. For those who have to retake any sections just study, pray, have faith and trust GOD and He will bless you in due time.
To GOD Almighty be all the glory indeed!!! Am soo happy for you, I feel like am the one that passed the exams..lol. And am glad you emphasize about our GOD doing it for you and to Him belongs all the glory! We just have to work hard on our part, have Faith, Hope and Trust in The Lord. God bless you for such an uplifting, inspirational testimony. I cried reading your post because I had just finished praying and I came on SDN, your message was the first I saw and read, and I know God spoke through you to me specifically; telling me to stop worrying everyday (15-30mins, yes I do that everyday...that's me!), stop wasting time and just do the 3P's and trust in GOD, He got this! Thank you!

Reactions: 2 users
To Him be the glory, our Lord make everything possible!! Happy for you. Today , I took the exam, it was very long..... I feel very sad because I didn't have time to finish it. I did 210 questions because I spend to much time in the math questions and looking the lab values. I believe I will pass my exam in God's timing but not this time. I don't know from where to study. I used Rx prep and I did 3000 questions. I made flash cards, I study for 3 months and I still doubt myself. I need to recuperate and do the 3P's . " Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9

Reactions: 1 user
awesome! congratulations guys. to God be the Glory. thanks for the piece of advice. its really encouraging. God bless you all.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow awesome congrats! Great news :) Wishing you tons of success! Pray for us that still have to do the NAPLEX

On 2nd attempt I used rxprep did ALL the quizzes once and made flashcards for qts I missed, I used accessedpharmacy Lange pharmacotherapy flashcards to be more acquainted with case type qts, and I also used a review that was posted on here by Tmir and david05, I also searched quizlet and used these profiles blue7777 | Quizlet and Spanish Words | Quizlet.

Thanks for sharing your experience.
I have questions for you.
Did you buy the online rxprep quiz bank or did you just do the book questions on rxprep?
what do you mean by 'accessed pharmacy Lange pharmacotherapy flashcards'? Is it available online (to buy?) or did you make the flashcard as you study the book?
I feel like I need to practice those case type questions more.

If I were to buy the Rxprep online quiz bank, is it possible to share the cost with other people and share the access?

Please anyone, feel free to input any information to be shared so we all can benefit by sharing information.
I failed 2 times already(it has been a while since I graduate and I work at a pharmacy with very limited formulary so I had to study everything all over) and the 2nd test (Feb 2017) format was completely different and much harder than 1st one (Nov 2016). It had a lot more calculations, inpatient case type questions, and non- top 300 drugs brand/generic/dose/side effects questions.
I want to be really prepared this time and manage time better because I work full time with family care duties. :)

Thanks!

To GOD Almighty be all the glory indeed!!! Am soo happy for you, I feel like am the one that passed the exams..lol. And am glad you emphasize about our GOD doing it for you and to Him belongs all the glory! We just have to work hard on our part, have Faith, Hope and Trust in The Lord. God bless you for such an uplifting, inspirational testimony. I cried reading your post because I had just finished praying and I came on SDN, your message was the first I saw and read, and I know God spoke through you to me specifically; telling me to stop worrying everyday (15-30mins, yes I do that everyday...that's me!), stop wasting time and just do the 3P's and trust in GOD, He got this! Thank you!

Yeah to GOD be the glory and praise all the time. Just be positive and thanks as well, and continue to prepare for this exam, at times we may question GOD and wondering why at times, but little do we know that GOD is always working out things for our good. The dream job you are hoping for that person who is there now may not be retiring or changing their jobs now or moving to another city. But because nothing is impossible with GOD, He may delay things so that when you sit the exam the next time and pass, He will have that job opening just the right time when that person is relocating or retiring, you never know. Just thank Him in advance and pray without ceasing and I am praying for you and others as well on this forum and will continue to do so, in order for GOD to be glorified.

On 2nd attempt I used rxprep did ALL the quizzes once and made flashcards for qts I missed, I used accessedpharmacy Lange pharmacotherapy flashcards to be more acquainted with case type qts, and I also used a review that was posted on here by Tmir and david05, I also searched quizlet and used these profiles blue7777 | Quizlet and Spanish Words | Quizlet.

Congratulation! You made it! I'm so happy for you.

To Him be the glory, our Lord make everything possible!! Happy for you. Today , I took the exam, it was very long..... I feel very sad because I didn't have time to finish it. I did 210 questions because I spend to much time in the math questions and looking the lab values. I believe I will pass my exam in God's timing but not this time. I don't know from where to study. I used Rx prep and I did 3000 questions. I made flash cards, I study for 3 months and I still doubt myself. I need to recuperate and do the 3P's . " Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9

Please don't feel sad, just continue to prepare for this exam retake and do math and statistics everyday, and most of all spray and ask GOD for wisdom. Yup be strong and courageous and do not worry or fear, because that is the enemy trying to lie to you and deceive you. You will pass your exam in the name of JESUS, just believe and He will.

Thanks for sharing your experience.
I have questions for you.
Did you buy the online rxprep quiz bank or did you just do the book questions on rxprep?
what do you mean by 'accessed pharmacy Lange pharmacotherapy flashcards'? Is it available online (to buy?) or did you make the flashcard as you study the book?
I feel like I need to practice those case type questions more.

If I were to buy the Rxprep online quiz bank, is it possible to share the cost with other people and share the access?

Please anyone, feel free to input any information to be shared so we all can benefit by sharing information.
I failed 2 times already(it has been a while since I graduate and I work at a pharmacy with very limited formulary so I had to study everything all over) and the 2nd test (Feb 2017) format was completely different and much harder than 1st one (Nov 2016). It had a lot more calculations, inpatient case type questions, and non- top 300 drugs brand/generic/dose/side effects questions.
I want to be really prepared this time and manage time better because I work full time with family care duties. :)

Thanks!

You are welcome. I used the Rxprep book and I had access to the quiz bank which I used and completed all the section and the ans I got incorrect or had to guess, I made a flashcard for them and took them wherever I went.

This is the link for the accessed pharmacy through our school library and I think most pharmacy schools have access to this material...
Study Tools | AccessPharmacy | McGraw-Hill Medical
This site also has other study material you can use which I think will be helpful as well, it also gives explanation if a question was missed, but I know the case questions are very helpful. Make sure you have a study schedule that you follow closely as well and practice biostats and calculations daily because when you do, you will be able to work out these questions quite quickly on the exam.

Congratulation! You made it! I'm so happy for you.

Yeah David thanks my brother, I remember when you post your experience on here as well as your recommendations and encouragements and it has helped numerous students on this forum. So to GOD be the glory, praise and honor and its just amazing how GOD uses other students at times and sometimes we don't even realize it. So thanks again David05 and everyone else who post on here to encourage others and share their experiences.

Also for those of you on this forum who doesn't know JESUS as yet as your LORD and Savior and want a relationship with JESUS, as He said in His word...whoever denies Me before men, him I will also deny before My Father who is in heaven. Matthew 10: 33 (NKJV). You can accept CHRIST just as you are and right where you are.

Just pray this simple prayer and believe in your hearts. LORD JESUS, I am a sinner and I cannot save myself, I believe that you died on the cross for my sins and on the 3rd day you rose from the dead. Come into my heart and my life today and be LORD of my life, LORD please forgive me for all the sins that I have done and make me over and make me new and help me to live a life that is pleasing to you from here onwards.

If you just prayed this simple prayer and truly believe in your hearts, you are a new believer and you just gave your life to CHRIST, congratulations and welcome to the body of CHRIST. Just find a bible based church to attend and like this message below as a sign to GOD that you have prayed this prayer and has accepted His Son JESUS CHRIST as your LORD and Savior. Once again welcome to the body of CHRIST.

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah to GOD be the glory and praise all the time. Just be positive and thanks as well, and continue to prepare for this exam, at times we may question GOD and wondering why at times, but little do we know that GOD is always working out things for our good. The dream job you are hoping for that person who is there now may not be retiring or changing their jobs now or moving to another city. But because nothing is impossible with GOD, He may delay things so that when you sit the exam the next time and pass, He will have that job opening just the right time when that person is relocating or retiring, you never know. Just thank Him in advance and pray without ceasing and I am praying for you and others as well on this forum and will continue to do so, in order for GOD to be glorified.
Oh God bless you indeed! You are soo right, God's time is always the best. He's always working behind the scenes. Thank you and please continue to keep us in your prayers! To God be all the glory and may His name be glorified on our success on this exam and in all areas of our lives!!!

Congratulations dear, I recently took the exam for the second time and found out I failed, feel so sad but what can I do. Don't know what strategy to study now?

Hello Guys,
I am selling the following books:
RxPrep's California Law Summary for CPJE
Pharmacy Charts - NAPLEX, CPJE-2017
Weissman Book
Sigler's Prescription Drug Cards: Study Cards with Binder

Hello Guys,
Weissman Book
Hello Guys,
Weissman Book
Hello Guys,
Weissman Book

This blessed me in so many ways! Thank you. I just took the NAPLEX yesterday and I left feeling some type of way. I prayed before during and after so I just have to trust God's will in this. Thank you again for your encouraging words