Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

NAPLEX NERVES PLEASE HELP

Discussion in 'Pharmacy Licensure and Exams' started by NursePractitionerStudent, Aug 2, 2015.

1. NursePractitionerStudent

Other Health Professions Student
    Hello everyone,

I have been studying for the NAPLEX for about 2 months. Since the beginning I feel I haven't studied properly. The reason I say this is because I kept focusing on HTN, Diabetes, hyperlipidemia, etc. So HIV, oncology etc got ignored. Anyways, I am using RX Prep and am scoring about 80% average on the quizzes. I don't feel that's great because I tell myself, well I just studied that chapter that I am getting questions for ..I should do good? But will I remember these small things on the broad exam?

I originally had my NAPLEX scheduled for July 25 and then changed it to August 4 thinking I just need a bit more time and then I think I will be ready. I am doing excellent in math but what has happened now is since the test date is approaching I am getting so nervous to the point I can't eat, sleep, or focus on any material. I have sort of a "brain block". Therefore, I haven't been able to get the chapters (HIV, oncology, drug interactions, etc. ) memorized because of this brain block.
    Due to this, I am considering changing my test to August 15th because I NEED TO study small chapters like Irritable bowel disease, and HIV, and am very unclear in oncology.
    I know I won't know everything but please anyone out there please give me advice. Should I reschedule at least one more week?

Thank you for any advice or input I really need it.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Guilded_Age

Guilded_Age In a separate pool counting my dosh

Pharmacist
    Study the math in RxPrep and you'll be good.

It really isn't too bad of an exam. If you passed school you're good to pass with a bit of *brushing up*

Just take a deep breath, eat something before it, and you'll be all but guaranteed to pass.

4. mtlam

5+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    I am also taking my naplex on the 4th and agree with what Guilded_Age has said.

5. Apotheker2015

2+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    NursePractitionerStudent,

I am confused. I thought that you had said on 05.18.15 what I have quoted below. I'm confused. Are you a Nurse practitioner student or a PharmD studying for the NAPLEX?

6. NursePractitionerStudent

Hello there, yes I am a NP student but this is for my brother!!
    The advice is much appreciated thank you

7. Apotheker2015

2+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    I smell weird. Not getting involved.

Best of luck!

Apotheker2015

8. NursePractitionerStudent