NAPLEX NERVES PLEASE HELP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NursePractitionerStudent

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have been studying for the NAPLEX for about 2 months. Since the beginning I feel I haven't studied properly. The reason I say this is because I kept focusing on HTN, Diabetes, hyperlipidemia, etc. So HIV, oncology etc got ignored. Anyways, I am using RX Prep and am scoring about 80% average on the quizzes. I don't feel that's great because I tell myself, well I just studied that chapter that I am getting questions for ..I should do good? But will I remember these small things on the broad exam?

I originally had my NAPLEX scheduled for July 25 and then changed it to August 4 thinking I just need a bit more time and then I think I will be ready. I am doing excellent in math but what has happened now is since the test date is approaching I am getting so nervous to the point I can't eat, sleep, or focus on any material. I have sort of a "brain block". Therefore, I haven't been able to get the chapters (HIV, oncology, drug interactions, etc. ) memorized because of this brain block.
Due to this, I am considering changing my test to August 15th because I NEED TO study small chapters like Irritable bowel disease, and HIV, and am very unclear in oncology.
I know I won't know everything but please anyone out there please give me advice. Should I reschedule at least one more week?

Thank you for any advice or input I really need it.

Members don't see this ad.

Study the math in RxPrep and you'll be good.

It really isn't too bad of an exam. If you passed school you're good to pass with a bit of *brushing up*

Just take a deep breath, eat something before it, and you'll be all but guaranteed to pass.

I am also taking my naplex on the 4th and agree with what Guilded_Age has said.

Hello everyone,

I have been studying for the NAPLEX for about 2 months. Since the beginning I feel I haven't studied properly. The reason I say this is because I kept focusing on HTN, Diabetes, hyperlipidemia, etc. So HIV, oncology etc got ignored. Anyways, I am using RX Prep and am scoring about 80% average on the quizzes. I don't feel that's great because I tell myself, well I just studied that chapter that I am getting questions for ..I should do good? But will I remember these small things on the broad exam?

I originally had my NAPLEX scheduled for July 25 and then changed it to August 4 thinking I just need a bit more time and then I think I will be ready. I am doing excellent in math but what has happened now is since the test date is approaching I am getting so nervous to the point I can't eat, sleep, or focus on any material. I have sort of a "brain block". Therefore, I haven't been able to get the chapters (HIV, oncology, drug interactions, etc. ) memorized because of this brain block.
Due to this, I am considering changing my test to August 15th because I NEED TO study small chapters like Irritable bowel disease, and HIV, and am very unclear in oncology.
I know I won't know everything but please anyone out there please give me advice. Should I reschedule at least one more week?

Thank you for any advice or input I really need it.

NursePractitionerStudent,

I am confused. I thought that you had said on 05.18.15 what I have quoted below. I'm confused. Are you a Nurse practitioner student or a PharmD studying for the NAPLEX?

Hello All,
Are there any student nurse practitioners/medical students/physician assistant students out there? I need your advice.
So I am currently about to start my 2nd year of Family Nurse Practitioner School! YAY! Slowly but surely getting there (feels it is going by slow),anyways I need advice from you all.

I am about to start clinical and I feel I don't have enough educational experience in regards to diagnosing…….All you med students don't judge me hehe
Therefore, my question is what can I do to prepare BEFORE clinical and DURING clinical. I know there will be moments where I don't understand but I am at the point in my life where I want to get up and keep going and not be immersed in negative thinking! Are there any tips from you all who are in school ? When you see a patient yourself and perform an physical exam, how do you make your plan and recommendations? What is important? How do you as a student come off as truly wanting to understand and absorb knowledge?
What is a book or guide that I can carry and refer to in clinicals? I have the summer to study so I want to !

Thank you in advance

Members don't see this ad :)