NAPLEX study advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jztAUpharm

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am scheduled to take the NAPLEX June 29th. I've been using Prontopass and have almost finished my first run-through. I also have Rxprep available. My question is should i stick with Prontopass and go through it again or change it up and go through Rxprep. Also, should I concentrate on dosing mainly on top 200? Any other tips are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I only used Rxprep and it was great preparation, the math use to be a bit lacking 3 years ago but I'm sure they've bolstered it over time. I don't have experience with prontopass but can definitely vouch on the adequacy of Rxprep.

Rxprep book and the SDN calculations are all you need. You are out of your mind if you spend more than $500 on study materials. Not even $500....

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't study more than a free book that walgreens gave out (I got it from a friend). I scored a 131 - if you need to study to pass, your school didn't teach you. Only thing worth studying is calculations. I had ZERO questions on typical disease states such as diabetes and HTN and hyperlipidemia. A bunch of TB, HIV, immunization type questions. Either you know it or you don't

By the way, Rxprep should be used as a REVIEW. This is material you should already know.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks guys. I know its for review.. Im just wanting to be as prepared as possible. I've heard of people failing or running out of time and would rather go over something I know a million times than do that.

Just curious but how much of the P1 curriculum is important on the Naplex? (assuming 4 year tradition tract) I didn't do too hot due to lack of motivation but I did aced the calculations class though :horns:. I just hear after P1 year is where you really learn the trade.

Honestly, I wouldn't waste my time memorizing dosing. Just know brand, generic, indication and major adverse effects/monitoring , you should be fine