naplex vs cpje

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Neyerx

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi all,

i am very confused. i took the naplex and am waiting to take the cpje. i took the cpje practice exam from psi's website and it seems to me that the questions are more straightforward than the naplex. the naplex had a lot of patient profile questions where you asses the therapy appropriate for the patient. but for the cpje, it seems like it has a lot of patient counseling, generic brand, and law obligations as a pharmacist.. not so much "clinical". yet i hear the cpje is way harder than the naplex. anyone have any comments to this?

Members don't see this ad.

hi all,

i am very confused. i took the naplex and am waiting to take the cpje. i took the cpje practice exam from psi's website and it seems to me that the questions are more straightforward than the naplex. the naplex had a lot of patient profile questions where you asses the therapy appropriate for the patient. but for the cpje, it seems like it has a lot of patient counseling, generic brand, and law obligations as a pharmacist.. not so much "clinical". yet i hear the cpje is way harder than the naplex. anyone have any comments to this?

Hi Neyerx,

I just answered your PM. Here's my own opinion about "which test is harder".

The NAPLEX is a harder test but easier to pass because it has more questions therefore allowing more room for wrong answer. NAPLEX max score is 150 and you need 75 to pass.

The CPJE is as hard (or probably easier) than NAPLEX but easier to fail because it has such a narrow range (99 questions only). CPJE max score is 99 and you also need 75 to pass.

Also, NAPLEX is weighted heavily on calculations. If you are strong at math, your chance of passing NAPLEX is very high despite your lack of "clinical" knowledge.