naplex

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nikei3ball

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
to you need to memorize doses for naplex?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Bananaface, shouldn't this thread be moved to the Naplex subforum?

to you need to memorize doses for naplex?

I'm going to interpret the question as "do you need to memorize doses for the NAPLEX?"

Please do not tell me you are currently preparing for the NAPLEX if you have to ask that question. This question used to be one of my biggest pet peeves in pharmacy school. I absolutely loved one of my professor's responses; he said "You are training to become a Pharmacist, it may help to know the ****ing doses of medications, wouldn't you think?"

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm going to interpret the question as "do you need to memorize doses for the NAPLEX?"

Please do not tell me you are currently preparing for the NAPLEX if you have to ask that question. This question used to be one of my biggest pet peeves in pharmacy school. I absolutely loved one of my professor's responses; he said "You are training to become a Pharmacist, it may help to know the ****ing doses of medications, wouldn't you think?"
woah there...i think memorizing all those doses (useless btw because u can look it up in 1 second) drove u crazy there...lol u sound like a nerd

lol u sound like a nerd
you sound like a jerk :smuggrin:
PLEASE don't insult people if you are the OP. You asked the question so you should be a little more cautious, hence don't bite the hand that feeds you.

Hey man- I think its a good question. With hundreds of drugs out there its almost impossible to know dosage regimens for all of them. For the Naplex its best to be familiar with some of the most commonly prescribed meds. Know what a high or low dose for some of the MORE common drugs associated with the MOST common disease states looks like, i.e diabetes, HTN, cholesterol. You may want to be familiar with max doses for some meds as well.

If your going to sit there and try and memorize regimens for gen 1 antipsychs or MS meds your probabley going to be wasting your time. Alot of the info on doses you probabley would have picked up from working.

Hey man- I think its a good question. With hundreds of drugs out there its almost impossible to know dosage regimens for all of them. For the Naplex its best to be familiar with some of the most commonly prescribed meds. Know what a high or low dose for some of the MORE common drugs associated with the MOST common disease states looks like, i.e diabetes, HTN, cholesterol. You may want to be familiar with max doses for some meds as well.

If your going to sit there and try and memorize regimens for gen 1 antipsychs or MS meds your probabley going to be wasting your time. Alot of the info on doses you probabley would have picked up from working.

thank you