Nasty Dentist! Yuck!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

?DreamsRMadeOf

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
:eek: This is just disgusting! The nurse who witnessed this for "16 years" is no better.

Dentist Urinated in Sink, Used Tools in Ears
Reuters
LONDON (April 5) - A British dentist was found guilty Thursday of urinating in his surgery sink and using dental tools meant for patients to clean his fingernails and ears.

A medical tribunal said it was satisfied the evidence showed 51-year-old Alan Hutchinson, who "routinely" did not wear gloves or wash his hands, had risked the health of "himself, staff and patients" for more than 28 years.

A dental nurse who worked for Hutchinson for 16 years said she had caught him urinating in the sink more than once.

"He was tucking something into his trousers before zipping them up hastily. I walked over and I was behind him. He moved to the left and I could smell urine," the nurse told the tribunal.

A later hearing will decide if the dentist's unhygienic habits impaired his ability to treat patients, and if so, whether he should banned from practicing.

It will be interesting to see if he loses his license. He will surely lose his clients!

Members don't see this ad.

this was posted the other day

Members don't see this ad :)
this was posted the other day

Um, no it wasn't! Next time try READING the post, before you waste keystrokes. :cool:

The date of this story is April 5th which is TODAY, which is Thursday, the same day the dentist was found GUILTY.

SHEESH!!!

Okay, I am going to give this one more try before I retire for the evening. I know that some may mean well, by "correcting" the OP. :rolleyes:

But this OP isn't the one. When you step to me, have your facts straight. :cool:

I see that I have to break this down. :sleep:

I am clearly, posting that the dentist was found GUILTY today. Before today, the dentist denied these claims, and it just was alleged that these incidents happened.

TODAY, Thursday, April 5th the General Dental Council has found Dr Hutchinson GUILTY, and he has been struck off the registry.

In other words, the point of my post YESTERDAY=not guilty; TODAY=GUILTY.

SHEESH!

From The Times

April 6, 2007

Dentist is guilty of some nasty practices

Home Staff

A dentist has been struck from the register after using dental instruments to clean his fingernails and ears and urinating into a surgical sink.

Alan Hutchinson, 51, used unhygienic practices at his surgery in Batley, West Yorkshire.

Claire Pygott, a dental nurse, told the General Dental Council hearing in Central London how she had smelt urine coming from a sink at the surgery in March last year but was too embarrassed to raise the issue with her employer.

Colin Smith, the committee chairman, said they were satisfied that Mr Hutchinson had used dental instruments to clean his fingernails and ears, but that these events had been occasional. Mr Hutchinson had denied all the allegations, except failing to wear gloves routinely.

A woman patient had complained last year to North Kirklees Primary Care Trust that the dentist had refused to wear gloves while removing a tooth. When staff and other patients were interviewed, further allegations were made.

well, hasnt this been an educational look at how to handle a disagreement. your future office staff is soooooo lucky...

Are we on a playground?

No, but thanks for letting us know where you stumbled in from. :cool:

Why bother? Since you have nothing else to do but comment on 5 words, instead of the original post.

:thumbdown: Probably took you an hour to come up with that. LAME!

Status
Not open for further replies.