National Conference May 15-19th

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ckliethe

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just bought my plane ticket and signed up to go to the conference in May. Are any medical students going to the conference? Does anyone have any input as to whether this is beneficial for medical students to attend? What are some of the other medical students plans when they get there? Feel free to PM me as well.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
San Francisco

Figure it cant hurt to go. Residency fair might be useful...

I went to the annual clinical meeting as a 3rd year medical student and found it VERY worthwhile. The residency fair, workshops on personal statement and CV, and various mixers were very informative. I had a great time too! Highly recommend it especially to MS3's who know they'd like to do Ob/Gyn. Lots of PDs and residents there from programs all across the U.S.

:thumbup:

A classmate and I went to the ACOG meeting last year in Chicago. We signed up for the CV/personal statement workshops, which gave mostly intuitive information -- nothing groundbreaking. There was another workshop that was more hands-on, but we didn't attend because it was targeted to MS-1 and 2s. It looked kind of fun though. We attended a Q&A session about the application process and life as an Ob/Gyn. The residency fair may or may not be helpful depending on where you want to apply. Some regions of the country were better represented than others. We also attended the poster presentations and Fran Drescher's speach at the opening ceremony. Anyway, the ACOG meeting is something to put on the CV or ERAS. Nobody asked me about it during interview season though. Aside from that, we did a lot of sightseeing, and I enjoyed a brief hiatus from my internal medicine rotation!

Thanks for all the responses. I wish it were in Chicago again this year, since I'm in St. Louis and from Chicago, but I will enjoy the trip to San Fran. I'm glad to hear it sounds interesting and a little helpful. I'm interested in more of the bigger programs, are those the ones that tend to be represented more? Or is it more those closest to the conference site that are represented more? If any other MS3's going want to meet up and grab drinks or tour San Fran, let me know!

As as student it is very worthwhile. Go to this link.

If I was you I would check out the residency fair
http://www.acog.org/departments/dept_web.cfm?recno=43

The conference has had in the past an awesome vendor show with lots of info and free stuff. There also has been events geared to resident and students.

Unfortunately I will not be going I went last yr and did lots of workshops.
The Laparoscopy workshop is awesome. A must if you have some extra $$$$

Good luck
Pm me with questions
D

Hey...I am a third year medical student at the University of Oklahoma and I am going to be attending the conference as well. It looks as if I will be the only one from my school attending. I have signed up for all the medial school classes so far. I figure it can't hurt to go and I would not mind the break from school. Let me know if you want to meet up or attend some of the sessions together.

I'll be there on Monday and Tuesday.

I'm the friendly, talkative one with an Australian accent :)

I will be there, I get into the city on Sunday! I think a couple people from my school will be there, we all registered for the medical student activities but do plan to check out San Francisco as well! PM me if anyone would like to meet up!

Well, that was a definitely worth my time and effort. :)

What does everyone else think?