National exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jesse14

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just a quick question for all the PT's here:
I'm a final year PT student from Canada and I ahve my national exam in July. I'm just wondering how long you studied for prior to the exam?? 1 month, 2 months before? Also, did you use your class notes or a review text (O'sullivan)

Thanks!!

P.S any study tips are welcome!

Members don't see this ad.

I have heard to study the text. The people who make the questions for the test do not have notes from every teacher at every school. Notes can help, but many of the books are used at many schools across the country, and the people who make the test pull books from many schools across the country in order to create questions.

I only used my class notes to back up any concepts that I wasn't getting while studying or to find a better explanation for an incorrect answer during a practice test. Just use the book as there is just too much material in your class notes.

As for time frame, depends on the person. I studied for 2 months on weekends only because I was working during the week. Others study for 2 months a few hours a day. Depends on your study habits.