Naturopathic Medicine

Started by T2026@55P
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

T2026@55P

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I realize this is a hot topic for some people (sorry).

I wanted to know if there are any legitimate schools who teach Naturopathic Medicine. Are there any with empirical evidence?

I am not looking at "cures" to diseases. I am wondering about things that help. For example a lot of kids are prescribed different drugs that impact the neurotransmitter release and uptake. When they come off these drugs it causes severe side effects. I'm wondering if there is a way to help them without all of the prescribed drug use.

I've seen these drugs cause quite a bit of harm. I realize for some people they are definitely necessary.

I also plan to take a year of pharmacology. But I want to know both sides of the coin.
 
There are naturopaths who are concerned with being evidence-based, but then they are basically physicians who are greatly restricted in what they can do by their legal scope of practice. I think you'd find that frustrating. And you'll have to get through frustrating schooling where you learn about homeopathy and other complete nonsense, first. I wouldn't do it.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I realize this is a hot topic for some people (sorry).

I wanted to know if there are any legitimate schools who teach Naturopathic Medicine. Are there any with empirical evidence?

I am not looking at "cures" to diseases. I am wondering about things that help. For example a lot of kids are prescribed different drugs that impact the neurotransmitter release and uptake. When they come off these drugs it causes severe side effects. I'm wondering if there is a way to help them without all of the prescribed drug use.

I've seen these drugs cause quite a bit of harm. I realize for some people they are definitely necessary.

I also plan to take a year of pharmacology. But I want to know both sides of the coin.
Nope...none
 
No idea what this has to do with being s non traditional student.

NCCIH

It sounds like that is the type of thing that you’re talking about, but that is not even in the same ZIP Code as naturopathic medicine.
 
I realize this is a hot topic for some people (sorry).

I wanted to know if there are any legitimate schools who teach Naturopathic Medicine. Are there any with empirical evidence?

I am not looking at "cures" to diseases. I am wondering about things that help. For example a lot of kids are prescribed different drugs that impact the neurotransmitter release and uptake. When they come off these drugs it causes severe side effects. I'm wondering if there is a way to help them without all of the prescribed drug use.

I've seen these drugs cause quite a bit of harm. I realize for some people they are definitely necessary.

I also plan to take a year of pharmacology. But I want to know both sides of the coin.

So you want to be a whisperer or Voodoo shaman? Listen, get a life - forget about this and start doing something good and real
 
So are you against healthy eating and exercise? How many people do will kill with the cure of chemotherapy?

I was just asking if there is anything that is empirically based. I didn't need you to get snarky. A few people have posted some links that were helpful. Thank you to those who answered my question with good information.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.