Naturopathy??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

DoogieMD22

Does anyone know anything about naturopathic medicine? I came across an article about naturopathic physicians and was surprised that I hadn't heard of them... the field seems kind of odd.

Members don't see this ad.

I saw a lady come in to the hospital that had been treated for her breast cancer by a naturopath.... she died two days later with black tumors like bowling balls.....

If you like snake oil, you should really consider naturopathy

Members don't see this ad :)
Here's hoping that this goes the way of homeopathy.

Does anyone know anything about naturopathic medicine? I came across an article about naturopathic physicians and was surprised that I hadn't heard of them... the field seems kind of odd.

:eek: I hope it doesn't get that kind of respect (homeopathy)....this is scary when some says they can cure your cancer with tea bags or good vibes or whatever....:mad:

Hey not true guys - Naturopathy isn't that bad. But if someone is going to see an ND for cancer, well...let's just say they would've won a Darwin award.

look, i'm tolerant of a lot of things, and if you want to try some naturopathic remedies for your meningioma, that's fine - as long as you let the neurosurgeon take a shot at it first.

:confused: How is naturopathy different from osteopathy?

Yep, snake oil. Well, this is a free world, and so if you want to hire some dude to cure your cancer with chicken blood, pig feet, and the hair of a virgin dog, then go ahead. Some people have an aversion to modern medicine. They have shorter life spans.

A few years ago I was visiting my brother and his family down in Arizona. I had a terrible sinus infection and was feeling crappy. His wife, who is your typical conspiracy theorists when it comes to modern medicine, sent me to her naturopath. I went not knowing what to expect. He did some funny stuff where he held a magnet to my chest and then held up "good" and "bad" foods next to me while pushing on my arm. Apparently when my body didn't like the "bad" food my arm would become weak and he would be able to push it down. After he went through some foods he told me my sinus infection was due to a bacteria that was in my stomach which came from eating undercooked chicken.
Well needless to say I was a little weirded out by the whole thing. He gave me some weird "all-natural" herbal pills to take for the next week. I took them and within a few days my sinus infection was gone. Whether he had anything to do with it, I wasn't really sure. My sister-in-law swears that he can cure anything.
You just have to realize that scientifically they don't have much, if anything, to stand on.

Members don't see this ad :)
hahahaha, brilliant! speaking of which, how does being a naturopath make you economically disadvantaged? also, when choosing a school of naturopathy, does ranking matter? or is cost more important?

These are all very good questions. I also wonder if/should naturopaths be considered under-represented minorities for the purposes of affirmative action. The public has a right not know...

A few years ago I was visiting my brother and his family down in Arizona. I had a terrible sinus infection and was feeling crappy. His wife, who is your typical conspiracy theorists when it comes to modern medicine, sent me to her naturopath. I went not knowing what to expect. He did some funny stuff where he held a magnet to my chest and then held up "good" and "bad" foods next to me while pushing on my arm. Apparently when my body didn't like the "bad" food my arm would become weak and he would be able to push it down. After he went through some foods he told me my sinus infection was due to a bacteria that was in my stomach which came from eating undercooked chicken.
Well needless to say I was a little weirded out by the whole thing. He gave me some weird "all-natural" herbal pills to take for the next week. I took them and within a few days my sinus infection was gone. Whether he had anything to do with it, I wasn't really sure. My sister-in-law swears that he can cure anything.
You just have to realize that scientifically they don't have much, if anything, to stand on.
This is precisely why medicine engages in clinical trials rather than heresay and anecdotes.

Never go for a field founded by this man, or any man looking like this ...

img7958033.jpg

:laugh:

Hmm, you don't watch sports huh. That my friend is Ricky Williams, the weed smoking hippy who left the NFL to go into some holistic ayurvedic school so he can smoke his most beloved weed. no racism existed in my intentions.

"Natural" medicine gets debated on this forum a lot... scroll down to see.

Or, just do a user search for "zenman" :laugh:

Hey not true guys - Naturopathy isn't that bad. But if someone is going to see an ND for cancer, well...let's just say they would've won a Darwin award.

That'd be funny if most people who saw NDs did it as a last resort after the MD told them to "get their affairs in order". Trying to stop cancer from killing them, yeh Darwin Award...

"Natural" medicine gets debated on this forum a lot... scroll down to see.

Or, just do a user search for "zenman" :laugh:

I'm not a naturopathic guy. I just use ancient techniques which have new names, which you would recognize if you ever took any psych classes.:D

I'm not a naturopathic guy. I just use ancient techniques which have new names, which you would recognize if you ever took any psych classes.:D

Yeah I heard about this stuff in my psych class. It is called the placebo effect and it's brought to you none other than by the well respected snake oil salesman.

'Cause it's natural it has to be good right?

Yeah I heard about this stuff in my psych class. It is called the placebo effect and it's brought to you none other than by the well respected snake oil salesman.

So that's why the placebo is studied by "well-respected" scientists. I'd have never known that the placebo can equal say, surgery in some cases. What is the world coming to? To think that mind power can be so cheap and powerful...and sometimes work when nothing else will. :rolleyes: