Nau 2018 dpt acceptances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nolodpt

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys just wanted to make a thread to find out if anyone received news about this year's interviews. I know it's only been a week but I'm curious!

Members don't see this ad.

I heard back from NAU on Friday and got in to the Phoenix cohort

Hey guys just wanted to make a thread to find out if anyone received news about this year's interviews. I know it's only been a week but I'm curious!

I got placed as an alternate in a decent position (39th) so now the waiting game continues.. I am really hoping it will work out. How about you?

Members don't see this ad :)
8th on the alternate list, really hoping it works out as well

Hi everyone! I am the 19th alternate and I am not really sure where that puts me but holding on to hope!

Hello everyone! I'm on the alternate list as well. Anyone who is on the alternate list heard anything back yet?

Hello everyone! I'm on the alternate list as well. Anyone who is on the alternate list heard anything back yet?

No but I called the department on Thursday and they said they have moved through 14 alternates so far!

No but I called the department on Thursday and they said they have moved through 14 alternates so far!
Thanks for the update. I heard last year was crazy and the program got to 70 on the alternate list! Crossing my fingers that this happens again.

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks for the update. I heard last year was crazy and the program got to 70 on the alternate list! Crossing my fingers that this happens again.

Hi everyone! I was the 19th alternate and I was just offered a seat at the phx campus (my preference). Hope this helps some of you guys! Good luck

Reactions: 1 user
Hi everyone! I was the 19th alternate and I was just offered a seat at the phx campus (my preference). Hope this helps some of you guys! Good luck
Congrats! I still have some hope I will get into the program this year.

So I was originally 26th and now I am number 7 on the waitlist. According to a staff member, “We are reaching out to applicants that have not responded to our initial letters.” However, last Friday was the date in which those accepted had to send in their deposit. So I’m not sure who exactly they’re reaching out to...

So I was originally 26th and now I am number 7 on the waitlist. According to a staff member, “We are reaching out to applicants that have not responded to our initial letters.” However, last Friday was the date in which those accepted had to send in their deposit. So I’m not sure who exactly they’re reaching out to...
Did you have to email them requesting your new wait list number or did they send it out?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys! I accepted a seat in the NAU program for the Flagstaff campus. Excited to meet you all! Glad someone made a school specific thread because they didn't give me very much information, just a confirmation that they received my deposit.

Hey everyone! I was accepted and have placed my deposit at NAU Flagstaff! I am very excited to meet the rest of my class and hope you all the best!! I know a couple people who have declined their seat (not me), so I hope that helps some of you!:)

I actually got let in today and sent them my acceptance letter and deposit! I am soooo excited!

Reactions: 4 users
Hey everyone! I was accepted and have placed my deposit at NAU Flagstaff! I am very excited to meet the rest of my class and hope you all the best!! I know a couple people who have declined their seat (not me), so I hope that helps some of you!:)
Welcome to the NAU DPT program and congratulations! I am a current 1st year in a Flagstaff, if you have any questions or if I could be of any help please let me know :)

Welcome to the NAU DPT program and congratulations! I am a current 1st year in a Flagstaff, if you have any questions or if I could be of any help please let me know :)
Great to hear from you! I was admitted to the Phoenix campus, but it was not my preference. They said they have until March 1st for them to still try and get me in to Flagstaff. Did any students in your class get put in a place other than their preference?

Great to hear from you! I was admitted to the Phoenix campus, but it was not my preference. They said they have until March 1st for them to still try and get me in to Flagstaff. Did any students in your class get put in a place other than their preference?
My preference was for Phoenix and here I am in Flagstaff, and honestly I wouldn’t trade it for the world. My experience has been awesome so far. I know a few of my classmates also selected for Phoenix but are here in flag, I don’t believe anyone was moved elsewhere after they had been placed on their campus. But I have heard that it is possible.

My preference is Phoenix but still waiting to hear back on the alternate list.. I feel like my spot is coming up so I am hoping I hear back soon! Maybe we can swap if it doesn't work out lol.. did they say they would still try to get you into Flag in your initial acceptance email?

My preference is Phoenix but still waiting to hear back on the alternate list.. I feel like my spot is coming up so I am hoping I hear back soon! Maybe we can swap if it doesn't work out lol.. did they say they would still try to get you into Flag in your initial acceptance email?
Yes! We can see if swapping is an option if it turns out that way. Yes they did say they would still try to get me in to Flagstaff, but they wanted confirmation even if they couldn’t.

I am so excited to meet everyone that is currently their and to meet my class. I had a question as to when we will hear from them again. I am going to guess it will be after they fill the class, but I have a couple friends from athletic training and occupational therapy that heard about making a mynau. Just wondering when we will hear about thanks!!

I got in to Phoenix campus, excited to meet everyone and good luck to those still on the wait-list!

Congrats! What was your waitlist number?
Thank you :) I never had one, sorry maybe that wording was confusing. I just meant good luck to those above who did post their numbers.

Yes! We can see if swapping is an option if it turns out that way. Yes they did say they would still try to get me in to Flagstaff, but they wanted confirmation even if they couldn’t.

Did you hear back from them today about switching campuses?

Does anyone on here know how many alternates they have moved through as of today?

I'm curious as well. It might be time to email the program!

I'm curious as well. It might be time to email the program!

They just emailed me back saying I was number 8 on the alternate list now so they have moved through 31 alternates! 2 people must've dropped today because I called/emailed earlier and I received a voicemail around 3:30pm saying I was #10 and an email about 10 minutes ago saying I was #8.

Still a long way to go to get to me but hopefully you get accepted!

I am so excited to meet everyone that is currently their and to meet my class. I had a question as to when we will hear from them again. I am going to guess it will be after they fill the class, but I have a couple friends from athletic training and occupational therapy that heard about making a mynau. Just wondering when we will hear about thanks!!
Sorry for the late reply!! You will hear from the DPT program later in May or early June. Don’t worry about registering for classes they do that part ALL for you. So don’t freak out about any information that you get from the graduate college. If you get an email, you can email the DPT program to verify if you need to pay attention to the email. They will email you with the steps that you need to do! You’re probably okay in setting up an myNAU email, just remember athletic training and OT are different in how they run the program and what they require their students.

Hey all, I know this thread is a little old but I just got invited for an interview at NAU and I am super excited! Any insight on the interview process/ questions they ask?