NAU's DPT Phoenix program has been approved

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

optionpaloma

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Got the call from Alicia that the NAU Phoenix program is now approved. Did anyone else get a call, and if so, has anyone opted to Phoenix?

Hope this helps all the alternates on this board!

Members don't see this ad.

GREAT.........hope to get an update on the wait list..........I'll be calling on Mon if I don't hear by Fri. Thanks. guessing they call the first 48 for options, then the next 24....I know I already moved up after the committment letters were due. IF ever given the chance I will opt for PHX, but don't care JUST GIVE ME NAU

GREAT.........hope to get an update on the wait list..........I'll be calling on Mon if I don't hear by Fri. Thanks. guessing they call the first 48 for options, then the next 24....I know I already moved up after the committment letters were due. IF ever given the chance I will opt for PHX, but don't care JUST GIVE ME NAU

Ditto Litlwarrior! :xf::xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
I missed the phone call while I was at work today, but when I called back I said I wanted Flag! I asked how many people have chose phx/flag and Alicia told me that it was split about 50/50 with 16 choosing PHX and 14 choosing Flag. That means there are only 8 spots left in PHX. She also said that she wanted to get back to the people on the wait list as soon as possible because for some of them it depends on what campus they get if they are going to accept the offer or not. So excited for August!

PT5 aren't there 48 seats for flag and 24 for phx? your totals = 30 interesting . waitlist..........keeping fingers crossed. thanks for the update

Yes, there are 48 in Flag. When I called they had only talked to 30 people of the top 48 so far.

Thanks............you want to call them again??? LOL everyday ??? The waiting is driving me nuts. I did emial Alicia last week and she ans. back basically said when they get to me they get to me.....they are going through the list.

I decided to stick with flagstaff. Good luck to the people still waiting.

I also chose flag. Did everyone get that email confirming their seat and saying there will be more emails to come in the next 30 days?

I also chose flag. Did everyone get that email confirming their seat and saying there will be more emails to come in the next 30 days?

I thought I read somewhere that NAU gives preference to Arizona students. Does anyone know if there is a percentage or how many out of state are accepted ?

Yes I got that email and I also emailed Alicia asking for a final class roster when it is ready to be sent out.

I also know nau gives preference to Arizona residents but I can't remember the percentages for each class.

So does anyone know what number they are on...........are they still working on the list of attendees? Waiting for un update on the waitlist or an acceptance call......

So does anyone know what number they are on...........are they still working on the list of attendees? Waiting for un update on the waitlist or an acceptance call......

Not sure what number they're on, but I spoke with Alicia this morning, and she said she still hadn't heard back from 3 or 4 of the 48 admitted if they want Flag or PHX, and she figured that only the top people on the waitlist will have the option to choose PHX (it's almost full).

Alicia also said that some of the waitlist peeps told her they'd decline their spot if Flag was the only option -- hope this helps the peeps on this board! :xf:

As for preference for AZ residents, not really sure how it works, but Prof. Cornwall said that most people who enroll are from AZ; a bunch from outside AZ apply, and perhaps they get in but don't actually enroll? I'm from Cali, a friend from OR will be going to PHX, and I think Prof. Cornwall said there were a couple of other students from outside AZ but not many.

I'm from North Carolina... Another out of stater.

Anyone have any thoughts on why they picked the campus that they decided upon? When I went to interview I really liked the NAU campus and the professors seemed awesome/very established compared to the other schools where I interviewed. Also I'm a skier which I probably wont have a lot of time for but I can still hope ha. I know some people say Flagstaff is cold but the climate of Phoenix was definitely a negative being an East Coast native. Other than that I just didn't want to be the first class of a new program with less classmates and no older class to offer guidance. Also the cost of living isn't really that much different from where I'm from so that wasn't a huge deal for me with Flagstaff.

The Phoenix campus looks like it has a really impressive setting, awesome facilities, and an interdisciplinary emphasis... All cool things.

Optionpaloma, which campus did you choose?

I'm from North Carolina... Another out of stater.

Anyone have any thoughts on why they picked the campus that they decided upon? When I went to interview I really liked the NAU campus and the professors seemed awesome/very established compared to the other schools where I interviewed. Also I'm a skier which I probably wont have a lot of time for but I can still hope ha. I know some people say Flagstaff is cold but the climate of Phoenix was definitely a negative being an East Coast native. Other than that I just didn't want to be the first class of a new program with less classmates and no older class to offer guidance. Also the cost of living isn't really that much different from where I'm from so that wasn't a huge deal for me with Flagstaff.

The Phoenix campus looks like it has a really impressive setting, awesome facilities, and an interdisciplinary emphasis... All cool things.

Optionpaloma, which campus did you choose?

I chose Flag.

I went to Phoenix once in April and couldn't hang with the heat, couldn't imagine spending summer there. Perhaps if you're used to it, it's not such a big deal, but I function best when temps are 80 F or lower.

I also love to snowboard and like the idea of having a ski resort so close by -- maybe we can do study breaks together on the mountain :p!

Like you, I also really liked the professors I met at Flag; the one I interviewed with was super tough, but I hear he's an awesome teacher -- I could totally see that during the interview. The students' high regard for their profs made a huge impression on me.

I also really love the idea of not needing to drive there. I live in a very central part of LA, so I normally walk or take the subway to get around. I love how Flag is so walkable/bike-able.

My largest hesitation is that I'm a city girl at heart, and Flag is most def. a small town. Hopefully that won't get to me.

Did you go to Chapel Hill, TarHeelPhil? Since the South has excellent, relatively inexpensive PT schools, curious what motivated you to apply to NAU?

Yeah we chose Flag for a lot of the same reasons. I did go to Chapel Hill but I chose to branch out a little bit and apply all over the country as well as the South. I've loved living in NC and Chapel Hill but after this many years I was ready to move on. Also one of my mentors, who I observed and volunteered with, told me I should apply to NAU because of how well respected the program is and bc of the environment of flagstaff. Let's just say I'm glad she did.

Ha a lot of my family/friends aren't as thrilled about my choice to move so far away but they'll get over it when they have an awesome state to visit.

Hi Guys!

First off congrats to everyone for getting in everyone. I am so excited for August to get here already.
Anyways, the point of this message is to get in connect with other students who have also chosen to attend the Phoenix campus. I am from Prescott, Arizona and have started looking for places close to campus. I have found 3-4 really great options, and am now hoping to find at least one if not two other PT students to live with!
All the places I have looked at are nice clean newer apartment complexes with air conditioning, fitness centers, washer and dyers in unit!!!, and many other great amenities! If we are able to get three of us in one unit we are looking at under $300 for rent + utilities split 3 ways!!! I am also willing to pay a little more rent if I am in a bigger room with a private bathroom.
Here is a little info about me so you can decide if you want to contact me! I am 24 years old and have been in Arizona for most of my life. I have a BS in Biology from the University of Louisiana at Monroe where I played DI soccer. I am really outgoing, easy to get along with and love to do things outside. I am not a heavy drinker but do occasionally like to enjoy some wine and cocktails. I not sure what else to put but if you have other question about me please just ask!
I am looking for roommates that are clean (seriously, we have all lived with a dirty roommate and nothing sucks more that picking up after them everyday), respectful of other peoples space/ property, and easy going!
Please feel free to email me if you are interest. [email protected]

Thanks,
Britnie