Navigating financial aid

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

hocus_bolus

Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello, I recently got admitted to a school and will be attending in August. FAFSA was late this year, and I just received my financial aid report and my student aid index (SAI) is -1500 (reflecting the most need). When I checked for my school's financial aid offer, it showed the total cost of attendance (70k) and then an unsubsidized loan (40k). I am confused as to what this means. Am I to take the unsub loan and then take out a loan for the other 30k?
 
Last edited:
Hello, I recently got admitted to a school and will be attending in August. FAFSA was late this year, and I just received my financial aid report and my student aid index (SAI) is -1500 (reflecting the most need). When I checked for my school's financial aid offer, it showed the total cost of attendance (70k) and then an unsubsidized loan (40k). I am confused as to what this means. Am I to take the unsub loan and then take out a loan for the other 30k?
Yes. GradPlus loans would cover the rest.