NAVY Anesthesia assignments

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cobernavy

cobernavy
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am just about to finish my civilian deferrment for anesthesiology and want to know what the openings were for 2005 and what are the most likely places that will be on the list this fall

Members don't see this ad.

cobernavy said:
I am just about to finish my civilian deferrment for anesthesiology and want to know what the openings were for 2005 and what are the most likely places that will be on the list this fall

No one here is going to be able to answer this accurately as even a current anesthesiologist won't necessarily know what cards the detailer is holding. There are anesthesiologists in all the major hospitals, (Bethesda, Balboa, Portsmouth will have the most, then Pendleton, Bremerton, Jax, Pensacola, 29 Stumps, Yokosuka, Guam, Rota, Sigonella and Naples in no particular order...I'm probably forgetting some). The people to talk to are your specialty leader and detailer. Realize that as an outservice bubba, you're very vulnerable to being sent somewhere small since they have to move you and they have residents finishing at Bethesda, Balboa and Portsmouth.

Does anyone have their list from 2005?

cobernavy said:
Does anyone have their list from 2005?

it doesn't matter....because nobody knows except the detailer...and even the detailer is sometimes wrong because of unexpected requests to be released from active duty.