Navy gpr

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DMyers

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi...

I've been advised by several individuals to only do a GPR if I am thinking of going into OMFS. Do the majority of Navy GPR residents then get accepted into OMFS programs? Or is it a gamble to do a GPR in hopes of getting into OMFS?

Thank you!

DMyers

Members don't see this ad.

Hi...

I've been advised by several individuals to only do a GPR if I am thinking of going into OMFS. Do the majority of Navy GPR residents then get accepted into OMFS programs? Or is it a gamble to do a GPR in hopes of getting into OMFS?

Thank you!

DMyers

The GPR is good, but I think the opinion is that the AEGD is of more value and less stressful if the intent is general dentistry. I spoke with someone that did the Navy GPR a few months ago, and he said is was very stressful with being on call and everything working ridiculous hours, and his AEGD friends were working 8-5. He recommended AEGD unless you are going for OMFS.

I think the GPR still has value though and would be worthwhile even if you don't do OMFS.