This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

spartandds

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hello,

I recently received an invoice from my school stating that the Navy will not pay for the following:
1. School and College Gov't Fee
2. Student Legal Services
3. Central Student Government
4. Univ Union and Rec Sports Fee

According to the 2014 reimbursement list, the rec sports fee is the only thing from the above list that the Navy will reimburse me for. Has anyone else had to pay similar fees out of their own pocket or have advice for talking to my school/Navy about getting these fees covered or waived? These fees are not an extremely large amount of money but they will surely add up over the next four years.

Any advice on the matter would be greatly appreciated!

By law the government can only pay for certain things.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello,

I recently received an invoice from my school stating that the Navy will not pay for the following:
1. School and College Gov't Fee
2. Student Legal Services
3. Central Student Government
4. Univ Union and Rec Sports Fee

According to the 2014 reimbursement list, the rec sports fee is the only thing from the above list that the Navy will reimburse me for. Has anyone else had to pay similar fees out of their own pocket or have advice for talking to my school/Navy about getting these fees covered or waived? These fees are not an extremely large amount of money but they will surely add up over the next four years.

Any advice on the matter would be greatly appreciated!

How much does that end up being? For me there is a $656 Student fee every year that isn't reimbursed. And for whatever reason the Supply fee ($6,524 each year) wasn't covered, but I was told to send in a reimbursement form for that. I did this in September and still haven't been reimbursed yet. It's really disappointing.

I pay about $1500 out of pocket every semester.... I guess I just save up through my navy income lol.

This may be a dumb question, but does this apply to solely the Navy or for all of the branches for HPSP?

This may be a dumb question, but does this apply to solely the Navy or for all of the branches for HPSP?
As far as I know each branch *pretty much* covers the same costs. Like tuition, lab fees, instrument fees, supply fees, etc. But every branch might interpret the fees differently leading to some things being covered and others not covered.

Reactions: 1 user