Navy HPSP + OB/GYN - opinions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

forks4spoons

Followin' the dream. UTCVM c/o 2023!!!
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I haven't posted here yet, but am a semi-frequent visitor to the DO/non-trad forums.

I have my accept in hand to LMU-DCOM for the c/o 2013, but I've been looking into the HPSP and have a billion questions. However, right now, I'd love to get your opinions.

I'm looking into (primarily) OB/GYN. I've had personal experience with Naval doctors at Pendy years ago and thought they were absolutely amazing! :thumbup:

I like the prospect of traveling and not having to make decisions on my own (I hate making decisions, haha). On top of that, the ocean/water isn't such a bad perk.

So, what do you think? Naval HPSP DO student with a deep interest in OB/GYN? I'm interested in the process and what to expect, and I'm having a hard time finding what I'm looking for. I know there are GMO tours, but I don't quite know what to expect. If anyone could give me a rundown from (O)MS-0 thru EAS (I think that's the proper term, I've got ties to the sister branch, USMC), it'd be great.

Thanks a ton!

forks4spoons

Members don't see this ad.

I'd recommend doing a deep read of all the stickies at the top of the forum. This will answer a lot of questions about what to expect of the process and what GMO tours are like and what the risk is for different services that you'll have to interrupt your training to do one.