Navy Residencies

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nice Pipes

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I apologize if this information is available somewhere else on this board, but I have been unable to find it. Do we have any resources indicating how many slots were available for each Navy residency and how many applied?

Members don't see this ad.

I apologize if this information is available somewhere else on this board, but I have been unable to find it. Do we have any resources indicating how many slots were available for each Navy residency and how many applied?

The number of slots is available here:
http://nmmpte.med.navy.mil/gme/INSTRUCTIONS1.htm under BUMEDNOTE 1524 pg 13-14

These numbers are subject to change and should be viewed as estimates.

There is no widely available information about the number of applicants for a given residency. They know the answer at NSHS and might tell you if you call. The PD's will also know this number but may or may not be happy to discuss it with you.

Thanks a bunch man! It's very useful. I guess the next question would have to be, how many people apply to the military match each year (if HPSP is ~150 each year, i'm guessing it's a little bit more with all the GMO's etc.). Do you happen to have a harder stat? Thanks again.