Navy Sound

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Perrotfish

Has an MD in Horribleness
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is a stupid question, so brace yourselves.

The Army says Hooah, the Marines say Ooh-rah. I´m reasonably sure the Airforce is silent but deadly. Does the Navy have a signature sound I should know?
 
This is a stupid question, so brace yourselves.

The Army says Hooah, the Marines say Ooh-rah. I´m reasonably sure the Airforce is silent but deadly. Does the Navy have a signature sound I should know?
If the air force is silent but deadly does that mean it's going to smell really bad and we should clear the room?

Semper Fi Marines OOORAH
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is a stupid question, so brace yourselves.

The Army says Hooah, the Marines say Ooh-rah. I´m reasonably sure the Airforce is silent but deadly. Does the Navy have a signature sound I should know?

Navy = Hoo-rah

Navy SF = Hoo-yah
 
This is a stupid question, so brace yourselves.

The Army says Hooah, the Marines say Ooh-rah. I´m reasonably sure the Airforce is silent but deadly. Does the Navy have a signature sound I should know?

I think the Navy sound is "did you see what Paula was wearing on American Idol last night?"

I'm just kidding. I'm a kidder.
 
This is a stupid question, so brace yourselves.

The Army says Hooah, the Marines say Ooh-rah. I´m reasonably sure the Airforce is silent but deadly. Does the Navy have a signature sound I should know?
The Navy likes to steal things from the Marines (example: core values). Whatever sounds the ground pounders make the Navy usually uses as well. I guess the Marines are actually a part of the Navy so it really isn't stealing. 😉
 
The Navy likes to steal things from the Marines (example: core values). Whatever sounds the ground pounders make the Navy usually uses as well. I guess the Marines are actually a part of the Navy so it really isn't stealing. 😉
The Marines are a part of the Navy to the extent that we use them as cab drivers and to fix our wounds, other than that the Marines don't talk to the Squids...



***Disclaimer One of my best friends from my time in service was a corpsman and is currently in Navy OCS (whatever it is called) up in RI.***
 
I never heard a sound in ROTC, but obviously that is fairly limited. I really hope there is no sound which has developed in the past few months. I can't stand the Army and how they do that grunt/throat thing after every sentence.
 
At every joint service training excercise I've ever attended, the zoomies have been forced by the cadre to voice an anemic "Air Power" as their battle cry. Hooah and Ooh-rah are amusing but nowhere near as bad as Air Power.
 
Interestingly, in addition to having different ways of cheering, the four branches also differ is their slang terminology for helicopters:

Army: "choppers"
Navy: "helos"
Air Force: "whirly birds"

and in the Marines, we just gestured at the sky and said, "Uk! Uk!"

an oldie, but a goodie...
 
Interestingly, in addition to having different ways of cheering, the four branches also differ is their slang terminology for helicopters:

Army: "choppers"
Navy: "helos"
Air Force: "whirly birds"

and in the Marines, we just gestured at the sky and said, "Uk! Uk!"

an oldie, but a goodie...

One of my old favorites is

How do the services secure a building?

Marines - demolish with high explosives
Army - storm the building and set up a defensive perimeter
Navy - turn off the lights and lock the doors
Air Force - sign a lease with an option to buy

:zip: (I love the monkey)