Other OT-Related Information NBCOT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LittlePuppy

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
To maximize time, when would it be ideal to apply for the exam? I'm just thinking in terms of sending all the documents to NBCOT so that it can be processed etc. Any advice would be helpful. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

To maximize time, when would it be ideal to apply for the exam? I'm just thinking in terms of sending all the documents to NBCOT so that it can be processed etc. Any advice would be helpful. Thank you!

You will not be able to apply to take the exam until your school verifies that you have completed all of the required coursework. For my school, I was able to have my official transcript sent to NBCOT a few days after graduation. After that, I received my authorization to test (ATT) letter from NBCOT within a week, and chose my exam date within about 2 weeks following graduation.

This may be different for some schools and I know that there are some situations in which you can apply to take the exam before graduation (such as in an OTD program).

Hope that helps.

Reactions: 1 user
Ditto to what Jdak said. You can't apply early. You need to send your transcripts as proof that you are eligible to take the exam.

Any of you who need extra time - go ahead and contact them asking for reasonable accommodations - like time and a half or double time. You'll need to fill out a form from your MD stating that you need the time; it's worth it.

Members don't see this ad :)
You will not be able to apply to take the exam until your school verifies that you have completed all of the required coursework. For my school, I was able to have my official transcript sent to NBCOT a few days after graduation. After that, I received my authorization to test (ATT) letter from NBCOT within a week, and chose my exam date within about 2 weeks following graduation.

This may be different for some schools and I know that there are some situations in which you can apply to take the exam before graduation (such as in an OTD program).

Hope that helps.
So there really isn't anything I can do at the moment. I guess I just have to wait until I have graduated then. Thank you for this info!

Ditto to what Jdak said. You can't apply early. You need to send your transcripts as proof that you are eligible to take the exam.

Any of you who need extra time - go ahead and contact them asking for reasonable accommodations - like time and a half or double time. You'll need to fill out a form from your MD stating that you need the time; it's worth it.
Thank you for this! But I believe that more time will just hinder me from doing my best in the exam. It will just give me more time to second guess myself and all. But that's just me. Thank you for the advice though!