NBDE Part 1.? computer or paper format

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

calidenti

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are the pros and cons of taking the computer vs the paper fomat of the exam? Has anyone taken the computer exam yet..if so what did u think of the exam..was it very similar to past exams?..were there a lot of repeats on the exam? has anyone here taken both versions of the exam? any info or comments would be great..thanks.. :)

Members don't see this ad.

any comments or rumors

calidenti said:
What are the pros and cons of taking the computer vs the paper fomat of the exam? Has anyone taken the computer exam yet..if so what did u think of the exam..was it very similar to past exams?..were there a lot of repeats on the exam? has anyone here taken both versions of the exam? any info or comments would be great..thanks.. :)

What i've heard is that the question bank for computer version is alot smaller than paper exam. And since you can take them on different days, you technically could find out what's on the exam by asking someone who took it before you. That's where alot of the 99's came from last year. I also did hear that they are changing it and making the questions bank bigger this year and the test harder.

Members don't see this ad :)
scsucks said:
What i've heard is that the question bank for computer version is alot smaller than paper exam. And since you can take them on different days, you technically could find out what's on the exam by asking someone who took it before you. That's where alot of the 99's came from last year. I also did hear that they are changing it and making the questions bank bigger this year and the test harder.

where did you hear this change in a larger test bank from?

scsucks said:

scsucks,
Please email me at [email protected]. I'd like to get your unreleased nbde questions

Just a thought:

If test questions are drawn from a larger pool this year (making the test harder overall, covering a broader scope of material), wouldn't everyone do about equally worse as compared to last year? And, since our scores are percentile ranks, a more difficult test should nail everyone equally.

Maybe this is just wishful thinking :rolleyes: .

just remember, you're getting screwed one way or another! :laugh: