NBDE part 2 (centers being closed & the solution)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

s.squared

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I Hope everyone is staying safe and holding up during these hard times. I know a couple of dental students here in California and their institution have been holding exams on line. I have written an email to NBDE/ADA if they can come up with a similar solution so we as international applicants can write the NBDE part 2 as it is one of the requirements for many of the universities to attend their advanced standing.I believe if we as a group can all send an email to NBDE//ADA about this matter they may try to come up with a solution. Many schools are not making any changes to their deadlines or requirements and I think it would give everyone a fair chance to acquire all the requirements needed. Here is the email address I sent a request to be able to do the NBDE part 2 online, like how most American schools are now doing for their 4-year dental students (remotely) : nbexams <[email protected]> .............This morning I also received an email from ADEA that they are in contact with many schools with the regular 4-year program and possibly place exceptions for ADAT.. I think ADEA CAAPID, for us the international applications should have similar opportunities and if we as a group email them about this matter, they may respond back with a possible solution. Kindly let me know if anyone knows more than I do or have better solutions. all the help is greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

There is absolutely no point in that. All those organizations are now busy trying to find out what to do with 7000 students who supposed to graduate this year.
There are simply not enough resources to create new software for the exam and monitoring the integrity of one

There is absolutely no point in that. All those organizations are now busy trying to find out what to do with 7000 students who supposed to graduate this year.
There are simply not enough resources to create new software for the exam and monitoring the integrity of one
Thank you for the reply. I know universities are already using softwares for their exams. I was just thinking why cant the ada use the same software universities are using to do these exams. its so unfortunate

The ability to take exams will be restored. I would not expect it sooner then at least 3 months or more. Organizations will be pushed by student organizations mostly, because students require to take board exams to graduate and get licensed
Be patient. It is unfortunate, but you need to understand, that there are more pressing issues then inability of a foreign trained dentists to apply for IDP program

Reactions: 1 users