Nbde part 2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rexi

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Firstly,I'm planning to take up part 2,any suggestion on study material,how much duration need to study?
Secondly,I passed part 1 recently and decided to apply for schools after part 2 ,is that decision correct?Any seniors please suggest.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,
Firstly,I'm planning to take up part 2,any suggestion on study material,how much duration need to study?
Secondly,I passed part 1 recently and decided to apply for schools after part 2 ,is that decision correct?Any seniors please suggest.
Hi do u need a study partner?

Hi,

Congrats on paying part 1! For part 2, I started studying about 3 months prior to taking the exam, staying with only 5-10 his per week and then the last month or so I studied about 4 hours per day. I used dental decks, board mastery app, boardvitals, and the Dentin book. The method that works best for me is exposure to as many questions as possible which is why I used multiple q&a type materials but I know that method doesn't work for everyone.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats on paying part 1! For part 2, I started studying about 3 months prior to taking the exam, staying with only 5-10 his per week and then the last month or so I studied about 4 hours per day. I used dental decks, board mastery app, boardvitals, and the Dentin book. The method that works best for me is exposure to as many questions as possible which is why I used multiple q&a type materials but I know that method doesn't work for everyone.

Thank you MOSDOHFutureDMD.

Hi,
Average prep time is 2-4 months, depending on your knowledge level and study conditions. If your application is not very strong, applying after part 2 gives you better chances.
People still get accepted with just part 1

Thank you, MOSDOHFutureDMD.

I am graduating soon and had applied for part 2 in 2012 but did not take it. Its over 5 years and now i want to take it.

Now i am not eleigible for it. Anyone knows of or heard from someone in that case? So i know how i can get my license? Please help!

I am graduating soon and had applied for part 2 in 2012 but did not take it. Its over 5 years and now i want to take it.

Now i am not eleigible for it. Anyone knows of or heard from someone in that case? So i know how i can get my license? Please help!
What ADA says?

Attempt is only considered wen you actually sit in the prometric center and log in..... to agree to the terms and conditions of the paper....!!In your case just like you said, you never took it....am sure you are still eligible for five attempts.HOWEVER,if u appeared for an exam and failed it in 2012....then 2017 completes the 5 year period for five attempts, in this case you are not eligible but otherwise you are.

Attempt is only considered wen you actually sit in the prometric center and log in..... to agree to the terms and conditions of the paper....!!In your case just like you said, you never took it....am sure you are still eligible for five attempts.HOWEVER,if u appeared for an exam and failed it in 2012....then 2017 completes the 5 year period for five attempts, in this case you are not eligible but otherwise you are.
Thank you for the reply, i took it once in 2012 but not after that due to personal reasons. Heard if they grant one more chance for elegibility?

Hi, I am studying for part 2, if anyone needs a partner let me know please! Inbox me!

if somebody has an advice for part 1 Im international dentist please

What happened in your case? Did ADA allow you to retake it after 5 years?