NBDE2 format

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lena1983

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
To all the people who recently took NBDE2, what is the format of the exam, is it 400 questions on the first day with multiple choice?? And 100 questions with multiple choice on the second day??? Please correct me if iam wrong.
Thanks,

Members don't see this ad.

nobody knows!!!!!!! please share

first of all stop yelling.

here is the format:

1st day: 200 questions (mixed) in the morning
200 questions (mixed) in the afternoon

2nd day: 100 questions - Clinical Cases

Next time take the time to go to the official website ada.org. Infact, i strongly recommend looking at the website. doesnt really benefit if you take the exam without knowing anything about the exam now does it?

Thanks for your time, as I know we need to get around 350 question out of 500 to pass, is that correct?

Members don't see this ad :)
I have heard all sorts of numbers for passing. One of my friends took the exam and got a 318/500 and failed the exam (he got a 74). All he did was go through the front (not the back) of the dental decks. He has to wait 90 days to retake it.. so, I am not really sure. If you fail the exam, apparently you get the breakdown of your failure.. maybe so you can study differently. I just took the exam and once I get the results, I will post my feedback and what I thought was the most helpful/least helpful.

Last edited: