NBEO PART 3 HELP

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eyegirl2023

Reaction score
Hi,

I am a student who just graduated found out I have to retake NBEO BOARDS PART 3. I did decently on mostly all the sections besides BIO-basically what happened was in the middle of performing the skill the light went off and I was not able to get several views-the patient fixed it a few min later which took out of my time. I had to redo the skill but by that time the patient I had was very difficult (maybe due to fatigue) and had a lot of difficulty keeping her eyes open/looking in the direction I told her to look at.

Anyways, now I have to retake the exam but the next available dates are in MARCH 2024 (almost a year later?!?) I talked to someone at NBEO who said there may be earlier dates but that I just have to keep checking. I am just super anxious about that considering I had a job lined up and at this rate I do not have a definite date of when I'll be able to retake it. Anyone have any advice on how I can possibly get an earlier date?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,
Aug. 5, 2023 opened up today along with two days in Dec. 2023.

Good luck!!

I don’t mean to hijack your post but do you have an idea of what happens if you state the wrong findings during part 3? I.e patient had reduced NPC but you said it was normal?

I don’t mean to hijack your post but do you have an idea of what happens if you state the wrong findings during part 3? I.e patient had reduced NPC but you said it was normal?
You will still get points for performing the skill even if the results are not accurate.

Reactions: 1 user