NBEO Part I Pass Rates

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aspiringopto89

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Now that Part I of the NBEO is over, how long will it take for all of the schools to update their pass rate? Or will the scores for all of the schools be published on the NBEO website?

Honestly, I've been offered a seat for three different schools and I like them all equally, so I would just like some quantitative information to help me decide where to go. Thanks for all of your help/information in advance! :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Now that Part I of the NBEO is over, how long will it take for all of the schools to update their pass rate? Or will the scores for all of the schools be published on the NBEO website?

Honestly, I've been offered a seat for three different schools and I like them all equally, so I would just like some quantitative information to help me decide where to go. Thanks for all of your help/information in advance! :luck:

I doubt they would differ greatly from last year's scores. Which schools are you weighing? If money is not an issue then I'd weigh most of the schools based on what I would like to do in optometry whether it be Visual Therapy or ocular disease. What are your interests? Different schools have different strengths.

Those of us that just took the exam don't even find out until May 9th. I would look at last years first time pass rate and use that in your decision making process. By the time we find out this year, it will be too late for you to make a decision on where to attend.

Good luck!