NBME 15,16 correlation and final week advice please!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nabin

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I tried searching the previous posts here but didn't find anything satisfactory.

My recent NBME scores:

NBME 15: 243
NBME 16: 235

NBME 16 felt tougher than 15 to me. I felt it had many tricky bumps. I had to make many educated guesses on this one. I have heard all the time that the real exam compares to nothing but how much can one correlate from those scores?

I am planning to give NBME 17 tomorrow maybe. I have a target of 250+, but I keep making silly mistakes and miss 1-2 questions per block (stupidly) and its costing me big time. I hope that is not the case next week.

I know nothing much can be done now except to revise FA and whatever notes I have with me. The more I think of it, its making me even more anxious. Sometimes I feel like after doing only questions and questions all the time, the background of knowledge whatever if I had has been disappearing behind. Does that happen to anyone else? Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

i did 11-12 points higher than nbme 15 (low 240s to low 250s). these exams can have wide variability, in the range of plus or minus 10 points. Though most of the time you'll do 0-10 points better. i remember there was one nbme (i think it was 13, but i didn't take it timed) where i got just destroyed and just chose to ignore it. i was frustrated w/ those 2-3 stupid mistakes i was making per block, but the whole idea is that you make them now and learn from them so that you don't make them on the real exam (this is what happened for me, and it'll also happen for you). good luck!

i did 11-12 points higher than nbme 15 (low 240s to low 250s). these exams can have wide variability, in the range of plus or minus 10 points. Though most of the time you'll do 0-10 points better. i remember there was one nbme (i think it was 13, but i didn't take it timed) where i got just destroyed and just chose to ignore it. i was frustrated w/ those 2-3 stupid mistakes i was making per block, but the whole idea is that you make them now and learn from them so that you don't make them on the real exam (this is what happened for me, and it'll also happen for you). good luck!

Thanks! Yeah really those 2-3 bummers just churn your core. And those things are what you breeze through while preparing because you just know them. And then....it happens! It gets me all the time in every block. Well, that's the name of the game then.