NBME 150 Released Questions, help please....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

automan2

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I used to have a ton of USMLE stuff on my computer, then it crashed and I lost everything. It might have been a good thing, because now I only have a few distractors, but I am sad about losing a few things.

Can anybody hook me up or tell me where to download the Kaplan explanations to the 2006 version of the released 150 questions for that year.

I was able to get the 2007 version, but I don't have the 2006 explanations.

Please respond or send me a pm if you have the time.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I wish I could help... where did you get the 2007 ones? I don't have any questions/answers. Thanks.

Sorry for the problem. I wouldn't expend too much time and effort on this though. Those questions are not very representative of the test. I think most people would agree that the released q's are quite a bit easier than the test, this is why people routinely get 80% when they go through them. 80% on Qbank or the real deal is a stellar score.

I wish I could help... where did you get the 2007 ones? I don't have any questions/answers. Thanks.

The NMBE releases a set of 150 questions each year for Step 1 takers to practice on. You can download a program to take the test with the same FRED interface as the real step 1, but it doesn't work on MACs, so they also offer PDFs. Just go to the Step 1 main page and there is a download link. There is an answer key at the end of the test.

You can get the actual explanations from the Kaplan website. Go to the kaplan medical section, and sign up for an account/newsletter. It doesn't cost anything, and on the left hand side of the page there is a download link.

Hope that helps

Is no one going to help by emailing last years? I know they are out there.

Sharing is caring!