NBME 19 scoring

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrGoon

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
can anybody explain the scoring for nbme 19? I just took it and got 75% correct, but my predicted step 1 score was was only a 194. That seems like a really low score given the percent of questions I got right. Kind of freaking out since my exam is in 3 weeks

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
It seems to under predict for everyone as far as I know

Reactions: 1 users
same. I just took it and got 84% and it gave me a 219. Was kind of hoping with my exam only being 4 days away I'd be in a better position, but it is what it is I suppose

Members don't see this ad :)
can anybody explain the scoring for nbme 19? I just took it and got 75% correct, but my predicted step 1 score was was only a 194. That seems like a really low score given the percent of questions I got right. Kind of freaking out since my exam is in 3 weeks

Per FA, 60-70% is a pass on the real deal.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I got 14 incorrect and that was a 250.

Hey! I plan on taking 19 this week and I'm kind of terrified about the curve specially because I've heard it can totally mess with your confidence, and I have my exam in 2 weeks. How did you find it?

I got 244 on 19 and a 247 on the real thing. For my friends, it always underpredicted. The exact amount varied a lot. For some weird reason, those who took their STEP1 before the question bank switch in early May, NBME 19 underpredicted their scores more relative to those who took it after.

Disclaimer: there are about 5 friends in each group. Not exactly a great sample size.

I got 244 on 19 and a 247 on the real thing. For my friends, it always underpredicted. The exact amount varied a lot. For some weird reason, those who took their STEP1 before the question bank switch in early May, NBME 19 underpredicted their scores more relative to those who took it after.

Disclaimer: there are about 5 friends in each group. Not exactly a great sample size.

So you are saying the ones who took at before the change the difference was bigger?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Took it 5 days before my exam (5/16) and got a 238. Got 255 on the real thing

Reactions: 3 users
Got scores today. Got a 252 on nbme 19 with 11 incorrect, 262 on real deal. I was also told it underpredicts 10-15, which was true in my case
Wow thats a great score! Congrats. How much time did you spend on your prep overall and how many hours did you study per day, if I may ask? :)

Wow thats a great score! Congrats. How much time did you spend on your prep overall and how many hours did you study per day, if I may ask? :)

Thanks! I Started in January about 5-6 hours a day, then end of march - mid may 12ish hours a day with 1 day off a week.

Reactions: 1 user