SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

NBME 5 difficult?

Discussion in 'Step I' started by soumdoc, Jun 4, 2008.

1. soumdoc

soumdoc Member 5+ Year Member

Sep 13, 2005
    I've taken NBMEs 1,2,3,4, and I just took 5 today. Not only did I score the lowest on 5, but I also thought it was the most difficult. Maybe because it wasn't that path focused,and it was more physio focused? Or testing a lot of molecular bio? I take my test on Saturday, and now I'm kind of freaking out. My NBME progression was going higher, until I took this test. Advice until test day?

I thought everyone said 5 was easy so I was hoping this would boost my confidence before the test. It did the exact opposite! Now I'm worried that I'm forgetting what I learned!
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. jgl1980

jgl1980 Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Feb 5, 2005
    Yes it was swayed a little more that one would expect. I took it 2 days before I took the test, just to see how it was and I did not do as well as expected. The real thing was not like that test! Best of luck!

SOUNDMAN Senior Member 10+ Year Member

May 16, 2004
    Actually my exam was almost identical to NBME 5 ironically enough. Alot of molecular and physio/pathophysiology. I was just hoping it would end, it did not.
  5. hippocampus

hippocampus Senior Member 5+ Year Member

Jun 4, 2005
    yeah, nbme 5 was my worse score. i got 9 points lower than my highest score!!!!! and i am taking the exam soon... ::depressed:::
  6. shoal

shoal Oinker! 10+ Year Member

Apr 24, 2005
    It's been a while since I've posted (since taking the MCAT)...

I got my a$$ handed to me on 5 after 3 weeks of studying my score went down from NBME 1. I agree that I felt it more difficult while others thought it was easier.

Well, it lit the fire and I'm feeling the heat. 3 weeks to go.
  7. Keg

Keg 10+ Year Member

Jan 19, 2005
    Shaker Heights, OH
    I thought 5 was the easiest of the 4 I took (2, 3, 5, and 6)... but that means nothing. Maybe I'm just stronger at what it tested rather than what is on other NBME's.