Step I NBME accommodations appeal

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

TacticalTurtle

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anybody applied for extended time accommodations prior to Step 1 and been denied by the NBME? Were you successful in getting accommodations on appeal? Did you use a lawyer or just submit the appeal yourself? Did you say anything or do anything you thought particularly helped your appeal?
 
I submitted my application in January for accommodations and was denied in April. I submitted my reconsideration paperwork about a week after I received my denial email. I'm still waiting to hear back. I can let you know what they say whenever I hear back. The process takes a REALLY long time. Any specific questions just message me. Happy to help!