Nbme cbse

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

McKnightRider

Quantum Solace
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This test is now required for dental students applying to oral surgery since our board (nbde) went p/f. I really don't know how the nbme cbse differs from usmle 1 other than length so idk if all the posts about usmle studying apply

I have 7 months to study, but I didn't have the med school basic science classes you had

Would someone be kind enough to give a brief list of materials and timeline for studying they think would be appropriate to do very well

Ie: FA, World...etc

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

This test is now required for dental students applying to oral surgery since our board (nbde) went p/f. I really don't know how the nbme cbse differs from usmle 1 other than length so idk if all the posts about usmle studying apply

I have 7 months to study, but I didn't have the med school basic science classes you had

Would someone be kind enough to give a brief list of materials and timeline for studying they think would be appropriate to do very well

Ie: FA, World...etc

Thanks!

Materials in order of importance IMO are:
1) First aid. Latest edition
2) Usmle World question bank.
3) Pathoma
4) Goljan audio/transcript.

Rest of the sources are Supplementary:
Rapid review path, DIT, Usmlerx, brs physio.

Materials in order of importance IMO are:
1) First aid. Latest edition
2) Usmle World question bank.
3) Pathoma
4) Goljan audio/transcript.

Rest of the sources are Supplementary:
Rapid review path, DIT, Usmlerx, brs physio.

another dental student here ...

could anyone elaborate on the pathoma resource? how useful was it in your experiences?

another dental student here ...

could anyone elaborate on the pathoma resource? how useful was it in your experiences?

Hey,

I have only read first few chapters and seems like a real deal. Very concise and no bs. Plus everywhere here at sdn swears by it. I haven't used the video's yet though. Plus it's only $100.

Members don't see this ad :)
was this a long-term plan, that you guys' board is going to be p/f?
How far in advance did you guys know?
I hope this does not happen to the Steps.

And I pretty much agree with the RedSox fan.
If you know those 3-4 resources well, you are set for a competitive score.