NBME drop/overstudying?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Daitong

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, looking for advice for my final 3 weeks: finished up UW and probably will do incorrects/reset.

Did pretty well on two NBME's 13 (257), 15 (255), and UWSA 1(271, lol) (2 weeks ago and 1 week ago)...but yesterday took NBME 16 and got a 246 (feels bad, man).

Don't mean to 'complain' but just want to get better- wondering what you guys think? I realized most of my mistakes were overthinking ('this couldn't possibly be that easy) and I've also heard some people 'overstudy'.

JW if you guys had any advice on overcoming this issue or perhaps interpreting questions better. Thanks!

For my last few days I intend to just revise old NBME's style of questions.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, looking for advice for my final 3 weeks: finished up UW and probably will do incorrects/reset.

Did pretty well on two NBME's 13 (257), 15 (255), and UWSA 1(271, lol) (2 weeks ago and 1 week ago)...but yesterday took NBME 16 and got a 246 (feels bad, man).

Don't mean to 'complain' but just want to get better- wondering what you guys think? I realized most of my mistakes were overthinking ('this couldn't possibly be that easy) and I've also heard some people 'overstudy'.

JW if you guys had any advice on overcoming this issue or perhaps interpreting questions better. Thanks!

For my last few days I intend to just revise old NBME's style of questions.

My advice would be to move up your test date and take the damn thing. You're ready dude