USMLE NBME exams

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

swoopyswoop

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can someone enlighten me about NBMEs? How many are available? Which ones are recommended? Are answers / explanations provided? When do you take them?

THANKS!

Members don't see this ad.

Ok, maybe I should clarify that I was looking for student insight into which exams to get and when to take them primarily. Their website is pretty unhelpful, and also looks like it was designed in 1999.

Ok, maybe I should clarify that I was looking for student insight into which exams to get and when to take them primarily. Their website is pretty unhelpful, and also looks like it was designed in 1999.

Everyone does it differently. My approach is to save most for the end, but I did one at the beginning and one int he middle of study period to assess progress (and maintain motivation). Since reportedly some questions are similar to the real test, it is useful to do them close to the exam. Again, everyone does it differently. If you dont want to get them all, I have heard the best things about 7 and 13.

Reactions: 1 user