NBME Form 1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

domer621

MS4
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've read on here that this is the easiest of the 4 forms, but I was just wondering from people who have taken the real Step whether the questions on this test resemble the ones on the Step. I've read a few times on here that Step questions are like 10-15 lines long, but most of the questions on Form 1 were only a few sentences long. Are the other forms like this, and is the Step like this?

Members don't see this ad.

I've read on here that this is the easiest of the 4 forms, but I was just wondering from people who have taken the real Step whether the questions on this test resemble the ones on the Step. I've read a few times on here that Step questions are like 10-15 lines long, but most of the questions on Form 1 were only a few sentences long. Are the other forms like this, and is the Step like this?

I also wonder what they mean by "easiest". Are the questions easier, or do you score higher on that one than the other forms, or both?

I also wonder what they mean by "easiest". Are the questions easier, or do you score higher on that one than the other forms, or both?

I haven’t taken it yet but I guess the situation is analogous to AAMC 3R back in the MCAT days if you can remember that far back. The test is outdated and easy. I’m sure the questions are good and somewhat representative. So it’s a good test to do. I would evaluate my performance though based more on 2, 3, and 4.

OK in a nutshell for you:

NBME 4= WTF:confused::confused::scared:, MOLECULAR BIOLOGY and some crazy things

NBME 3= some hard, some:eek::confused::scared:, and few easy

NBME 1= EASY, I knew what they were talking about 99% of the time, and the questions were as easy as kaplan q book.

Things I have learn from NBME 1
- you can get a 400 and FAIL the test
- is the easiest of all= you score more than the others
- some people score more than 430 and fail the exam

Some one said that even do is the easiest they have a way to make the scale so it comes up closed to the real grade.

My 2 cents + my bad grammar:laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the feedback. I guess I was wondering if the question format was similar to the other forms (i.e. question stems that are only a few sentences long). I think I finished each block with 15-20 mins to spare.

Thanks for the feedback. I guess I was wondering if the question format was similar to the other forms (i.e. question stems that are only a few sentences long). I think I finished each block with 15-20 mins to spare.

lol....interesting!!!!

-p