Step II NBME Form 3 just demoralized me

Started by Xbocker
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Xbocker

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Im taking the exam in less than 2 weeks.

UWSA: 6 months ago 219 ( I regret taking this first)
NBME 6: 3 months ago 221
NBME 7: 1 month ago 237
NBME 4: 10 days ago 240
NBME 3: Today 221 ??????
notsure.gif


I know that forms 6,7,4 have feedback but form 3 did not for some reason. How close to the exam is NBME 3. I felt like I did good on it but was surprised by the score. The score just struck a dagger through me. I dont know if I should postpone the exam or not.
 
Hi. Been meaning to reply to this. I took the exam today and feel quite defeated. Anyway, NBME 3 is KNOWN to be the most difficult of all and under-shoots you. SO, I don't think a bad performance on that matters. Just learn from those mistakes and keep working. However, as to whether or not you should delay your exam, entirely depends. If you're not running short of time for other stuff (like making it up to the match application, CS, electives, etc), then you probably will benefit by delaying it. Especially closer to the exam, getting a few extra days feels like a blessing and you can get a lot more done. But, it entirely depends. If you have electives scheduled or if there is just anything else that's waiting, don't delay your test just based on NBME 3. Keep going. After years into this profession, I have learned that persistence is the key to success! Good luck.
 
You're fine. I took NBME 3 last and it was my lowest score. I had never taken the UWSA before, but after my score I decided to do this (one day before my exam), and was satisfied with my score. NBME 3 sucks. Just a score, no feedback at all. Don't worry. You'll be stellar.