NBME form 3

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drguy22

1K Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i have a quick question about form 3.

people that is the closest to the real thing....

I took the test today and was not happy with my score. My test is on Thurs. Is it possible to increase my score by 15-20 more points in the next 3-4 days?

sorry..but im starting to freak out...................

Members don't see this ad.

hey,

from what ive read, 3-4 days is a tough ask to raise the score by 15-20 points. can you push back your exam? personally, if i werent happy with my score, i would delay the exam (even if this meant delaying ur first rotation) the test is too important to rush into without feeling confident, you know? good luck.

hey,

from what ive read, 3-4 days is a tough ask to raise the score by 15-20 points. can you push back your exam? personally, if i werent happy with my score, i would delay the exam (even if this meant delaying ur first rotation) the test is too important to rush into without feeling confident, you know? good luck.

nope..cant do that...i have a flight to mexico....

i guess ill have to go and make the tough task a possible one....

drguy, what did your score report say? Hit up FA like crazy in the weak areas.

Members don't see this ad :)
drguy, what did your score report say? Hit up FA like crazy in the weak areas.

ya..thats what im doing rite along with USMLRrx...

well the stupid thing is i went DOWN on Musculoskeletal, skin, CT...when i took form 4, i was all the way to the right with a little star..wtf...Cardio is my best subject and its in borderline region....

i dunno...im gonna go at it and see what happens....

but i did move all 3 P's out of borderline so i guess thats good, but i need more points!

nope..cant do that...i have a flight to mexico....

i guess ill have to go and make the tough task a possible one....

good luck to you! however, as you mentioned in the thread "Put your money where your mouth is," you're aiming for a 230 and you're leaving your options open in terms of residency. a 230 will certainly keep your options open but a 215 will not. i wouldn't worry about losing money on a trip to mexico if that 230 is a must (especially if it'll buy you an additional 5+ days)

If I were in your position I would spend my days reading Goljan Rapid Review Pathology again insead of FA. I spent my last 3 days reading FA and it didn't help me really on test day. However, RR was golden as it hits everything from some drugs, to micro, to the biggest part of the test- Pathology. Seeing as how you dropped in Musculoskeletal, Skin, etc..., that is what you should be doing as FA is very, VERY weak in some areas. I would also probably do a review of pharm or micro in the evenings- such as microcards- do Gram + one night and G- the next.... Just my opinion.

If I were in your position I would spend my days reading Goljan Rapid Review Pathology again insead of FA. I spent my last 3 days reading FA and it didn't help me really on test day. However, RR was golden as it hits everything from some drugs, to micro, to the biggest part of the test- Pathology. Seeing as how you dropped in Musculoskeletal, Skin, etc..., that is what you should be doing as FA is very, VERY weak in some areas. I would also probably do a review of pharm or micro in the evenings- such as microcards- do Gram + one night and G- the next.... Just my opinion.

i think im gonna read RR for musculoskeletal, cardio, skin, and renal...as those where in teh shady gray areas...

although im keeping my options open....i know i dont want derm, orth, ob/gyn, plastics, optho, and urology.....

im leaning towards EM, Cardio, heme/onc, and MAYBE gen surg

I took it almost 3 weeks prior to the real thing and scored about 28 points higher. Just keep at it and don't let up, the coming weeks are just as important as every week prior.

I took it almost 3 weeks prior to the real thing and scored about 28 points higher. Just keep at it and don't let up, the coming weeks are just as important as every week prior.
hehe i have 3.5 DAYS!!

14 hrs/day.......

:scared: