NBME form 3

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PokerDoc

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just took this practice NBME today and got rocked (480 --> 225 converted score) and am not only shocked but extremely worried now. I've been doing everything right, and getting 76% avg on random timed blocks in UW and felt like I knew everything well.

WHile taking this test I knew it too, I felt flustered, almost ran out of time on the first 3 blocks, felt like they constantly asked the lowest yield stuff ever and I really felt like I was guessing on most of it.

I guess I'm just venting, but more importantly I need to know if this form is accurate. and if I need to reevaluate where I currently (believe) I stand for this test. My goal was a 250, and now my confidence took a major hit.

Members don't see this ad.

How many wrong questions did you make? I made 35 wrong qs.

I heard that NBME3 is not a good predictor for CK.

How many wrong questions did you make? I made 35 wrong qs.

I heard that NBME3 is not a good predictor for CK.

it doesnt tell you,

just says I was weak in peds (correlates with UW) and there were def a ton of peds questions on there. Also said I was weak in renal and musculoskeletal which don't match up with UW.

You can read MTB3 for peds which is better than MTB2 and FA.

Secrets is better for electrolytes which belongs to renal.

musculoskeletal, you can use step1 FA+MTB3

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah thanks. I'm really just at a loss, I'm doing completely fine on UW, above 80th percentile in everything at a bare min. For whatever reason, this test just blew my mind.. guess I just gotta move on and hope the real thing isnt the same haha.

26th. I'm gonna take form 4 on monday and if that is a problem again I may push it back. I really hope to avoid that though. I can't accept anything lower than a 235 and my goal was 25 points higher than I got today lol.

I got a 232 on UWSA almost 3 1/2 weeks ago, so this def was a disappointment in every which way.

don't worry too much. i got a 490 on form 3 one month out...ended up with a 255/99. form 3 is a buzzkill.

Yeah I can't afford to push my test off really and delay the start of my year. It'd do or die and pray its a fluke.

I Just got killed on this same form. I was set to push my test back, but now y'all have me worried that it just underpredicted my score. Well, I think I'm already on the hook for the rescheduling fee, so now I guess I'll just take form 4 a couple of days before the test and go ahead and take the exam if that predicts a better score.

We should all go after form 3 with pitchforks... if nothing else at least we'll feel better:laugh:

I'm gonna take form 2 on saturday and form 4 on tuesday (my test is next fri). I didn't want to take 3 nbmes but i gotta be sure.. better than moving my test back.

took NBME 2 today and got a 510 --> 232.

Still not really pleased with this but at least its above a 230. I guess this was supposed to be the accurate one, so I guess my knowledge base isn't as strong as I thought. I'm gonna keep my date though, I can't put up with this much longer. I might take NBME 4 on weds before my friday test though.

The weird thing is that I corrected all the weaknesses that I had on form 3, but I somehow bombed psych and mental disorders (maybe the particular questions they asked just threw me off). In any event, I felt real comfortable taking this test and not flustered like I did taking nbme 3, so Im kinda shocked I couldnt even break a 240. The only other subjects that touched the borderline zone were gyn/ob and neuro, which for some reason I'm usually strong in, I'm gonna have to say small sample size here though.

took NBME 2 today and got a 510 --> 232.

Still not really pleased with this but at least its above a 230. I guess this was supposed to be the accurate one, so I guess my knowledge base isn't as strong as I thought. I'm gonna keep my date though, I can't put up with this much longer. I might take NBME 4 on weds before my friday test though.

The weird thing is that I corrected all the weaknesses that I had on form 3, but I somehow bombed psych and mental disorders (maybe the particular questions they asked just threw me off). In any event, I felt real comfortable taking this test and not flustered like I did taking nbme 3, so Im kinda shocked I couldnt even break a 240. The only other subjects that touched the borderline zone were gyn/ob and neuro, which for some reason I'm usually strong in, I'm gonna have to say small sample size here though.

What about form 1 ?

Just took form 2, it predicted 30 points higher than form 3. Test i s Saturday and now I'm sure that at least one of these tests is lying to me. Still probably going to move the test back, but now I'm at least considering biting the bullet.

Just took form 2, it predicted 30 points higher than form 3. Test i s Saturday and now I'm sure that at least one of these tests is lying to me. Still probably going to move the test back, but now I'm at least considering biting the bullet.

People said NBME2 and 4 are more reliable.