USMLE NBME form 6

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

as90

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Anyone do this form? I took it today and it was so tough! I thought the UWSA was much easier.

Any feedback on this form appreciated. thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Honestly, I took the NBME 6 4 days before my exam and scored well (>250) and I thought my actual exam was much, much harder. I guess it depends on the form that you get on exam day, but I couldn't believe how hard it was. I think NBME 6 paled in comparison, but I don't have my score back so who knows. I would say just be prepared to go in and read fast (very long stems) and be mentally tough knowing that the questions may be very difficult.

Honestly, I took the NBME 6 4 days before my exam and scored well (>250) and I thought my actual exam was much, much harder. I guess it depends on the form that you get on exam day, but I couldn't believe how hard it was. I think NBME 6 paled in comparison, but I don't have my score back so who knows. I would say just be prepared to go in and read fast (very long stems) and be mentally tough knowing that the questions may be very difficult.

Yikes...thanks for the heads up. I felt like I got torn apart during NBME 6 so I hope that with this one month I have to study, I'll pick up the pace and do better.

I find that I spend too much time getting dragged down on questions during individual blocks, which is something I have to work on. i also think my approach to taking the exam is a little flawed too. I read the entire question and then neglect to get the CC down. Oh well I guess i will get better with practice.

I took it the other day and got a 520 which equates to a 242, I find that hard to believe since I haven't really started studying for step 2 yet. From I've heard it doesn't predict as well as NBME 4 (I'm saving that one for closer to my test date)... I guess I'll know for sure in late July/early August when scores come back...