NBME free 150

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jackets5

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know there has been threads about this before and i have read them. Im just simply asking for some advice. I have not started to study for Step 1 yet. Im a carribean student and taking the exam first week of september. So i have approximately 11 weeks to prep. I took the free 150 and got a predicted score of 197 on medfriends and 190 on some other score estimator that i found through SDN. My goal is to score 245+. Im plan on trying to follow the Taus method but my school has us take a kaplan prep course so im not sure how that will work with the Taus plan. Does anyone have any suggestions, tips i can use and is my goal realistic. My study materials are going to be FA, UWorld, RR Path, RR Phys, CMMRS and something for neuro my weakest subject. thanks for help. im getting really nervous about this.

Members don't see this ad.

ditch kaplan imo, listen to goljan and annotate into RR path, do UWorld 100 q when you feel comfortable with your knowledge base (i found that I didnt learn anything from doing problems early on), ditch CMMRS its too esoteric (use microcards if you want a source for micro), and in the last few weeks focus on first aid. get doctors in training if you can but save it for more the end than earlier. 240 isnt an unrealistic goal, and its a goal achievable simply by understanding concepts, and not having to rote memorize any esoteric facts.. beyond 240.. good luck