USMLE NBME order list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Me@shob

Reaction score
Hey guys. Ok so I'm planning to give my step 1 by end of June. With the release of new NBME and availability of offline old NBMEs, I'm confused which ones to begin with and etc. Which NBME would good for baseline score? I've around 2 months to go and I'm already semi-freaking out.

Members don't see this ad.

Which NBMEs do you have access to? I'd probably go with one of the recently retired ones except 13.

Reactions: 1 user
in the same pposition as you. planning to have my last exams be: 21, UWSA2, free120+NBME18
Not sure which order/what exams my first 4 exams should be.

Yeah, I'm showing "Form 20New!" through "Form 24New!," and "Form 18." ...Anyone have any idea what, if any, is the difference between them, and if there's a good order to take them in? I don't have to take Step 1 til July, since I'm dual-degree and in no rush for rotations, so I've got time. But I was going to take one tomorrow, and now I'm questioning which to choose. Does it really matter?

Hey guys, so yeah i kinda got this order which seemed very much legit from a FB group. Hope it helps. The thing is it doesn't include the latest forms. So if anyone has any advice regarding the latest forms, please do leave a comment.

" 15/16 as a baseline because it gets you used to the NBME format. It gives you a number that you can work towards getting better.

NBME 17 will show if you've improved.

NBME 19 has a tough curve, if you do bad, this will motivate you to study harder. If you do well, you will have confidence going into the next few assessments

UWSA 1 - Over predicts; Good confidence boots

NBME 18 - Good predictor

UWSA 2 - Good predictor

Free 120 - I guess some exact questions show up on STEP 1

In reality you can take them in any order, but know that NBME 18 and UWSA 2 are the best predictors "