NBME practice for Step 2 CK?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

oreo2004

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I've been looking on the NBME site and is it true that you do not get to review your exam question by question to see which you got right and which you got wrong? And does it just comment on your weak areas? Anyone know if the expanded version lets you see your right and wrong answers?

And would someone rank the 4 NBMEs from best to worst??

THANKS!

Members don't see this ad.

It is true that you do not get to review your exam question by question after you get your score for the NBME Step 2 CK practice exams online. You basically get a report with bars similar to the report for Step 1 where it denotes your strong and weak areas.

The expanded version lets you see each question that you got wrong, BUT it only shows you which answer you picked. It DOES NOT show you the right answer. Which really wasn't too helpful for me.

I took the first two forms, and I thought that they were pretty good. I wasn't a fan of the 4th expanded version, probably for the reason above. But this is just my opinion. Hope this helps! :) And good luck with your studies!

So I've been looking on the NBME site and is it true that you do not get to review your exam question by question to see which you got right and which you got wrong? And does it just comment on your weak areas? Anyone know if the expanded version lets you see your right and wrong answers?

And would someone rank the 4 NBMEs from best to worst??

THANKS!

If you purchase the expanded feedback, it will allow you to see which questions you got wrong, but it will not tell you what the correct answer is. You don't get to see the questions you answered correctly again.

4 is the most popular because it offers this feature. My read of the forums is that it tends to be a bit on the tougher side.

2 seems to be another popular one. People tend to score higher, it does not offer the extended feedback. My understanding is that most think it is a good representation of what the actual test is like.