NBME Released Items

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
M

manning18

What do people think of the 150 Step 2-CK questions released by the NBME? Are they worth doing? What percentage of correct answers gives a good outlook for passing the test? My exam's coming up Tuesday and I'm pretty confident, but I was wondering if these are worth doing. I'm taking the test Tuesday rain or shine, so I don't want a 'low' score on these questions to make me anxious. I thought the released items for Step 1 were WAY easier than the real test. I scored 70% on those which, on the real Step 1, would have been much higher than the score I walked away with! I didn't think those were much help. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey manning,

I haven't done them all but it's my impression that they are easier than the actual exam and way easier than UW. Try the medfriends.org website to check out correlations for your predicted step II score based on the released items score.

Thanks for your feedback! There is no option to enter your score on the released items vs. your predicited Step 2-CK score on medfriends. Your comments are similar to what I experienced with the released items for Step 1 and some comments I have seen here about the released items for Step 2. I saw someone who scored 90% on the Step 2 released items. Interpreting one's score on these questions is tricky, b/c the difficulty level tends to be low, so one needs to score much higher (than on UW, etc) to be confident about their chances! I was not able to find much info about the correlations/estimates, etc and I tend to google fairly well.