NBME self-assessment- no bars?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Boardz

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What does it mean when there are no bars on your evaluation. Sometimes there's no bars with asterisks, other times there's just no bar.

Members don't see this ad.

1Og4U.jpg

anyone?

astericks with no bar = u got every question related to that part rite. nothing = no questions were asked that is grouped in that category

the stars/asterisks mean that your performance is way above what they can tell you (or way below than what they can tell you if the bar is down instead of up). You'll notice sometimes that there is no bar at all, and that happens when the specific test form you did had only 1 or 2 questions on that topic (if any) so they can't reasonably tell you how you performed in that subject.

Notice how your total lack of bars typically happens with immunology. It's because you'll rarely see a good # of questions on pure immunology on any test form. So most of the time they just leave that bar out. OTOH, you will not probably see a total lack of bar in neurology because let's face it - it's a pretty high yield topic, and almost every test form will have a decent amount of neuro questions.

Members don't see this ad :)
astericks with no bar = u got every question related to that part rite. nothing = no questions were asked that is grouped in that category

i just noticed your reply, and you summarized my long as s.hit answer in one sentence. So cool. I wish I didn't talk so much :D

How come ur bars look like that? Mine are horizontal. Is there an option to see the bars differently?

Sent from my PC36100 using SDN Mobile