NBME Shelf Exams

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DermViser

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I saw this, and thought this might be helpful for people:

http://www.epsu.ump.edu.pl/members/msa/4-year-md---advice/nbme-examination-strategies.pdf

It's from a med school in Poland, but I wish my school had been nice enough to do this for us. Hopefully, this will cause NBME shelf scores to shoot thru the roof for you guys!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Those looking for some succinct advice and book recommendations for the third year NBME shelf exams might also find this post helpful.

Reactions: 1 users
Im in an SMP and taking the a shelf exam and making in the 50th percentile or better raises your final grade by one letter grade. I need this desperately for physio. I found it to be rather difficult last time. Can anyone comment on their preparation?

Members don't see this ad :)
Im in an SMP and taking the a shelf exam and making in the 50th percentile or better raises your final grade by one letter grade. I need this desperately for physio. I found it to be rather difficult last time. Can anyone comment on their preparation?

You might find this helpful regarding your studies on preclinical shelf exams. If you really want to do well on the shelf, you might consider subscribing to USMLE World and doing the physio questions. Moreso than reading a textbook, doing questions is most likely to help prepare you for the types of questions and patterns seen on the shelf.

Reactions: 1 users
I'll admit I haven't taken the NBME shelf for Physiology, but you might want to look at the sample questions on the NBME website, Get Costanzo's Physiology book, and get the Pretest book for Physiology.

Reactions: 1 user
yes,Moreso than reading a textbook, doing questions is most likely to help prepare you for the types of questions and patterns seen on the shelf.
wxlaO7