NBME Step 3

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Brian Pavlovitz

give me that marrow!
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm just curious if anyone else took the NBME assessment for Step 3. I used them before Step 1 and Step 2, and they were frighteningly close to my actual score on exam day. I used form 1, and I'm happy with what I scored. Any experiences?

Members don't see this ad.

Most people dont care about their score on Step 3 the way they did on step 1, so a lot fewer paid to see how they might do.

just a couple of questions for those of you who have taken step 3 more than once...
1)How do I sign up for the NBME practice test...I was on the website and unable to find the exam for step 3
2)What was your first score and second or third...just to see how many points do most people fail by and then how much they pass by

your suggestions will help.
thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
just a couple of questions for those of you who have taken step 3 more than once...
1)How do I sign up for the NBME practice test...I was on the website and unable to find the exam for step 3
2)What was your first score and second or third...just to see how many points do most people fail by and then how much they pass by

your suggestions will help.
thanks

Here's the link: https://apps.nbme.org/nsasweb/servlet/mesa_main

The test is the Comprehensive Clinical Medicine Self Assessment (CCMSA).

Well, I finally received my results: I scored EXACTLY what I did on the NBME exam (191)! So, for me, these NBME exams correlated very well with what I scored on all of the actual Step exams.

Hey,
I just took the nbme assessment for step 3 and I don't see a chart for interpretation. Did you just use the one that was posted for step 1 and 2?
I ended up scoring higher on the real things than I did on the nbmes for 1 and 2 - hoping the same will hold true.
Thanks

Hey,
I just took the nbme assessment for step 3 and I don't see a chart for interpretation. Did you just use the one that was posted for step 1 and 2?
I ended up scoring higher on the real things than I did on the nbmes for 1 and 2 - hoping the same will hold true.
Thanks

very much worth it, I had some of the exact same questions and graphs reworded on the actual examination, plus the assessment was close to my score 520 on nbme.

Well, I finally received my results: I scored EXACTLY what I did on the NBME exam (191)! So, for me, these NBME exams correlated very well with what I scored on all of the actual Step exams.

HI,
I just took the nbme and scored 390. How did you know what your score correlates to? Does a 390 = 191?

Thanks.