NBME/Uworld SIM order?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoctorG2020

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
It's been asked a lot, but what is the best order to take NBMEs, Free 150, and Uworld SIM tests if I'm 9 weeks out from the exam? Many posts have pros/cons information about them individually scattered throughout SDN, but I can't pinpoint one comprehensive thread.

Members don't see this ad.

Doesn't really matter IMO. Use the info regarding each test to decide the order that fits your needs. UWSA2 is the most predictive so I'd take it late. NBME 19 is underpredictive so maybe don't take it too close to your exam to avoid psyching yourself out. UWSA1 overpredicts so take it when you need a confidence booster. The older NBME forms are - in theory- less reflective of the exam as the content focus shifts. I haven't really felt that to be applicable, but so they say.

Reactions: 2 users
When you say older NBMEs are less reflective, do you include NBME 16 and 17 in that too?

All of the NBME/CBSSASs currently for sale on Self-Testing Services all felt the same to me, to be honest. Maybe people are just referring to the retired forms when they say that - in which case I can't contribute because I haven't taken those.

All of the NBME/CBSSASs currently for sale on Self-Testing Services all felt the same to me, to be honest. Maybe people are just referring to the retired forms when they say that - in which case I can't contribute because I haven't taken those.

Thanks. Yes this is what I was asking about, the NBMEs currently on sale. Even I found NBMEs 13,15,16,17 to be at the same level. Those are the ones I’ve done so far.
So I will assume that 16/17 would be as predictive/reflective as 18/19 will be.